JB's Disappointment

MuskieWannabe

So, some of you may remember a few weeks ago I was asking about them because I was in the market for a new muskie net...Well, I had talked to them on several occations before heading down there, from Ottawa I might add. I was visiting soem friends but was pretty stoked on getting a net. They had told me about three times, have the emails to prove it, and they came right out and said they had the frabill's and beckman's in stock and would have them for me when I was to arrive. So i went there, as planned, and that's when they told me that they don't even carry the frabill's I had asked them abuot only a few days earlier. They had a backman there and were going to sell it to me....BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE A HANDLE!!!! Seriously....So, needless to say, I was pretty p.o.ed. They had a great selection of muskie baits but man, if you don't have what I want, just say so rather than make me go out of my way and tell me you don't have it once I am there.

It all ended up great though as Stacey at Pro Tackle Muskie had the net I wanted and was a lot cheaper than anything at JB's. Let's put it this way, the big kahuna at JB's was $250 while Stacey is selling them for $180!!!! To save $70, it's worth the little bit in gas!

Thanks Stacey and I'm hoping to break in the new net tonight!!!

MuskieWanabe

You dealt with Steve. Unfortunately. He isnt the guy to talk to when it comes to JB's. They are a great store but you should talk to Brian and tell him (the owner). I too had a bad first experience with JB's but now they have done a complete 180 with me. Stacey is a first class guy and helped me get my Frabill and shipped it to Stoney Creek DIRT CHEAP. I have nothing bad to say about Pro Tackle.

Its too bad that your first experience with JB's was a bad one.

Guest gbfisher

Sorry to hear about your misunderstanding but the big net you are talking about is 180 at JB's as well. You spoke with Brian. I don't know where you got mixed up but you did.

There is no difference in price between JB's and the Pro Tackle shop with the net you are referring to.

Hope this helps.

It pays to talk to people first before you draw conclusion.

Edited by gbfisher

"They had told me about three times, have the emails to prove it, and they came right out and said they had the frabill's and beckman's in stock and would have them for me when I was to arrive. So i went there, as planned, and that's when they told me that they don't even carry the frabill's I had asked them abuot only a few days earlier. They had a backman there and were going to sell it to me....BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE A HANDLE!!!!"

Idiots!!

Yeah sure there good guys, but I just had a run around on a net too they originally packed it to ship to me than someone unpacked it and sold it after they told me it was on the way just in time for opener, they forgot another guy reserved it already and sold the last one to him. So 2 weeks go by when he gets a new shipment from the US and then they got the shafts but no netting, so another 2 weeks went by untill they got netting, took over a month before I got it, with a big mistake on their part. When I asked they Wouldn't even ship the other little gear I ordered with the net for free while I had to wait a month for the net, they wanted more shipping, I just gave up and said forget it, that's what really did it, the courtesy of sending my other gear at least would have been appreciated. I finally got the net and it's great, I just hope it doesn't break because I'm afraid of what the return time mite be.

The guys at JB have always be great to me. Steve and Brian have helped me out quite a bit especially with warranty issues.

They went above and beyond the call of duty to get my Minnkota on-board charger replaced. I tried to do it myself and Minnkota would not replace my charger (one of the 3 banks failed) but Steve managed to make it happen.

The bottom line is that Brain and Steve are very courteous and helpfull and if you talked to Brian as well, you probably would have got

your issue resolved.

Bill

Brian and Steve rule. They have products you can't find in Ontario. Great curtious service. I bet if you would have talked to them they would have helped you out. They have been great to me since they opened. I bought the Daiwa advantage super tuned and he helped me out 150%.

JB rules, Just my 2c.

Daniel

OCH

So, some of you may remember a few weeks ago I was asking about them because I was in the market for a new muskie net...Well, I had talked to them on several occations before heading down there, from Ottawa I might add. I was visiting soem friends but was pretty stoked on getting a net. They had told me about three times, have the emails to prove it, and they came right out and said they had the frabill's and beckman's in stock and would have them for me when I was to arrive. So i went there, as planned, and that's when they told me that they don't even carry the frabill's I had asked them abuot only a few days earlier. They had a backman there and were going to sell it to me....BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE A HANDLE!!!! Seriously....So, needless to say, I was pretty p.o.ed. They had a great selection of muskie baits but man, if you don't have what I want, just say so rather than make me go out of my way and tell me you don't have it once I am there.

It all ended up great though as Stacey at Pro Tackle Muskie had the net I wanted and was a lot cheaper than anything at JB's. Let's put it this way, the big kahuna at JB's was $250 while Stacey is selling them for $180!!!! To save $70, it's worth the little bit in gas!

Thanks Stacey and I'm hoping to break in the new net tonight!!!

MuskieWanabe

I'm sorry you feel this way, Brian and Steve has always been great to me and to all customers that walk through their door.

Brian does admit that he stated in the emails he had the nets in stock, at the time you emailed him. However, he runs a business and the nets were sold before you got there. He had to make a decisions whether or not to hold a product or go for the guaranteed sale.

Also, he never quoted $250 for the big kahuna, he was offering it to you for $180 tax in.

Regarding the beckman net without the handle...has anyone stopped to ask why it was missing. A customer broke his and was not covered under warranty, to help this person out Brian sold the handle separately, and took the lost.

Now about your comment of him trying to sell you this net, they're could have been a misunderstanding. They are not type of people, they will never try to sell a customer half of a product.

"They had told me about three times, have the emails to prove it, and they came right out and said they had the frabill's and beckman's in stock and would have them for me when I was to arrive. So i went there, as planned, and that's when they told me that they don't even carry the frabill's I had asked them abuot only a few days earlier. They had a backman there and were going to sell it to me....BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE A HANDLE!!!!"

Idiots!!

Brian and Steve have contributed to the fishing community for many years. Many anglers have high respect for them for their knowledge, their advice and their customer service. So before making unwarranted comments, make sure you know the whole story first.

I'm sorry you feel this way, Brian and Steve has always been great to me and to all customers that walk through their door.

Brian does admit that he stated in the emails he had the nets in stock, at the time you emailed him. However, he runs a business and the nets were sold before you got there. He had to make a decisions whether or not to hold a product or go for the guaranteed sale.

Also, he never quoted $250 for the big kahuna, he was offering it to you for $180 tax in.

Regarding the beckman net without the handle...has anyone stopped to ask why it was missing. A customer broke his and was not covered under warranty, to help this person out Brian sold the handle separately, and took the lost.

Now about your comment of him trying to sell you this net, they're could have been a misunderstanding. They are not type of people, they will never try to sell a customer half of a product.

I have always bought my stuff and JB's and their service is probably the best there is.

So some of the truth is starting to come out. I have never doubted these guys for a second. Brain has saved me a lot of money for instance I wanted to but a certain float rod but Brian said that I would be waisting my money because I recently bought another float rod from him. I do not know but another tackle shop would have jumped at the cahnce to sell me another rod.

So Muskwanabe (or whatever) you have a grand total of 11 post and you are already flaming a well respected tackle shop.

My 2 cents

Jose

I have to agree with Marc here. He actually talked to Brian for me when I was having trouble, and like I said, they did a complete 180. I misunderstood their position and they misunderstood mine. I havnt had problems with JB's other then Steve wouldnt throw in the JB hat with the lights on it, even though I spend over a $1000 that trip. hahaha oh well.

They are top notch. and thanks again Marc.

Guest Johnny Bass

All I know is if I told a tackle shop I was coming from out of the province to purchase an Item and he said he would hold on to it for me and didn't? That's bad service. Now if he would have told him, I have it now but we don't reserve stuff, that would have been different. This guy has every right to be ticked off. I know I would.

Can you imagine calling a store and them telling you they have one in stock and you drive there and they sold it?? Did he tell them to hold on to it?

I have had good service from JB's personally. And the guys there are very knowledgable. The prices are a little expensive and Steve is late a lot.lol But other than that? The store has a pretty good selection of Musky baits and tips to go along with it. But just like any other place. They make mistakes. Unfortunately, it happens.

I have to agree with Marc here. He actually talked to Brian for me when I was having trouble, and like I said, they did a complete 180. I misunderstood their position and they misunderstood mine. I havnt had problems with JB's other then Steve wouldnt throw in the JB hat with the lights on it, even though I spend over a $1000 that trip. hahaha oh well.

They are top notch. and thanks again Marc.

No problem, I'm glad I was able to help out!

JBs has always done good by me. I dont even look elsewhere for muskie stuff. They have the best selection around. I will drive from Hamilton to JBs because they always have what I want.

try to find that in Hamilton.......good luck.

Its muskie stuff, its not cheap. Couple bucks here or there really doesnt matter in my mind when I can find what I want when I want and with what colour I want.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Bryan