Wadsworth lake report(Bancroft area)

mike hagan

:Gonefishing: Well just got back from Wadsworth lake and to my surprise was a excellent bass lake.

After posting last week for any info. on this lake and was discourage with what was reported on the fishing on the lake . :(

Average fishing not much size,Try another lake,was going to drink a lot of beer. :rolleyes:

Well all I know is this lake was awesome.It felt like a fly-in a couple of years ago .That it did not matter what you tossed in, they where just bitting. :thumbsup_anim:

Arrived mid afternoon Sat. and launched the boat.told the wife I will be back in a couple of hours .

Had to try the lake out ,came back 2 hrs later and only had a couple of foot longs to show for it.

Looked like the reports where dead on. <_<

Sat back and drank beer the rest of the night contemplating stragies for the next few day.

Got up early morning and trolled out to a flat in the middle of the lake with good weed line .first cast. hooked into this injured fish.looks like a prop. might of skinned him nice size though 2.5 lbs. :mellow:

Next cast in another one 2 lb smallie. went on a six cast six fish streak in one spot. :lol:

Average size fish was in the 1.5 lb to 2 lb size.

On the first day I'm guessing over 50 fish no lies.Granted most where foot longs but catching 4 to 5 in a row on numerous locations was a blast.

Started trolling back around 8pm and hooked two nice ones just out side of the cottage .

Headed out the next morning and typical the same results just finding more locations that are holding the bass.

Dumb dog thinks there fishicles.has to lick the fish for some reason.

Day three we decided to portage the aluminum up to the north end lake ,a little ,no cottage lake with tons of bass ,again didn't matter ever second cast there was a fish on.was starting to get really boring.

On the way back the daughter hooked a nice one .

Then came back a chilled on the dock.

Well seems like I ran out of upload space so I will add another reply to post picks.

Well after getting bored of catching fish on that lake we decided to try beaver creek just up the road from us that feeds into steenburg lake and limerick.Great fishing there two and nice scenery with a couple of portages over some falls .

All in all this is a great bass fishing lake most fish were caught in 10-14 fow. average depth 18 fow deepest spot I could find was 25 fow.

Best record on the lake 12 cast 12 fish .was lots of fun.

Nice sharp drop offs by the shore line with many different structures about 20 flats with heavy weed lines.

Small lake don't need a big boat can fish the lake in one day but may take longer finding the locations .

A canoe would be ideal to portage the north lake ,limited camping location.

Weird things that happened when we where there.

1. cruising the lake we came across a seagull in the water when we got close the bird it just barely moved away from the boat ,but it dint seem to be scared when we got close so we just keep on going .Came back the next morning and the bird was in the same location,so knowing this bird was stuck ,strapped on the gloves and pulled up beside it. it had a crank bait hooked into both feet with the line snagged to the bottom.Cut the line and pulled the hooks out and set it free . :D

2.Driving down this dirt road and a hawk came flying out of the bush with a big game in its claws ,flew 10 feet in front of the truck window high and drops it prey right on the road. right in front of the truck.It was another hawk about the same size, that was just weird. a truck was coming the other way and we both stopped and talked about what we just saw. :o

3.After coming back from a canoe trip up beaver creek.the daughter says she sees a snake. thinking nothing of it I start loading the canoe into the truck.She brings back two snakes one in each hand 1 Gardner snake around 3 ft long and 1 water snake 4 ft long.don't know if the bite but get them away from me.Crazy kid. :w00t:

bass1.JPG

fish_brain.JPG

baas3.JPG

bass2.JPG

grass1.JPG

bass5.JPG