Lake O report

rhare

Myself and a couple friends headed out for a run at some chinny's yesterday. Beautiful day nice and sunny with a bit of a breeze to keep the heat down. we started at about 2:30 and fished untill about 7. It was getting choppy at that point so we headed in.

Great day out there, we landed 7 lost 4 at the boat broke 2 off and missed a few knock offs. Good mix of bows and chinny's biggest going around 18lbs and the biggest bow around 12. we fished around 300fow between 40-60ft down. Almost all fish came off Dreamweaver spoons, 30ft back at around 2.7mph. All but one swam to see another day,

my first fish downrigging on my own boat!

DSCF1060.jpg

Dan with a PB bow.

DSCF1065.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

Nice feesh. I'm thinking about trying out of Port Hope on Sunday. Did you have any trouble with the water fleas?

The water fleas are intense, we lost at least 4 fish because of them. I havent fished Lake O with riggers for over 10 years and the fleas werent there then. We had way too light of line only 10-12lbs and they would build up quite bad at times. I'm respooling with 30lbs Big game as I hear it works as well as the flea flicker line and run floro leaders.

dude i want so bad to set my boat up for ontario kings, but just dont have time and with all the smallie fishing/walleye fishin/steelhead fishin etc etc in the spring summer fall............and just seems like such an initial investment in money man just to set up for a species of fish. I know i know......wah wah wah