Can someone from Toronto Area enlighten me

holdfast

I know that Toronto Prides itself as the centre of the Universe, but, I really wonder who's got their heads in a Glue Bag. Here's what I heard on the Saskatoon Radio, and trust me seems there are a lot of Westerns trying to figure out whats going on down there.

Are you guys serious that Toronto decided to close shooting ranges because it promotes street shootings. Lets see. The Americans promotes guns for protection against Criminals, But Torontonians close gun ranges, allowing no citizens practice handling weapons but in the mean time Gangstas can do a home invasion knowing that there will be no guns and if there is they probably don't know how to use them. Here's the Glue Bag theory. How many Gangstas join and use a Range, in door or outdoor.

First of all I will take offense to your asinine comment that Toronto Prides itself as the center of the Universe ans second place it was the mayor of TO who removed I believe two ranges which were on city owned property which then were relocated to privately owned property. But this is rather old news, did the horse just deliver your mail?

It's all about political correctness and the agenda of David Miller. The range is in a public building (Union Station) and is incompatible with current Toronto tough on crime stance. See Creba, the two kids who were shot downtown in their Land Rover, the numerous gang murders etc.

Closing the range will do nothing to reduce the street crime but looks good to the liberal-granola voter who support his agenda. One Olympian trains there and is out of luck.

My money is on Fantino to deal with the crime but he is perceived as a bit of a hard case.

I say bring on the tasers (just kidding) but I agree with tough enforcement for gun crimes.

Toronto IS the centre of the universe and don't you forget it. Just kidding don't paint us all with the same brush we all live here with millions of others and try to do the best we can...regardless of who is in City Hall..

I would love to hear the perspective of some of the police on the board..

this stuff boils my blood because it's no more relevant to achieving their goals as with the whole gun registry fiasco. Doing anything to any gun range, where only law abiding people go, will have as much impact on street crime as which toppings i put on my hamburger for lunch will have on it.

Edited by j ace

First of all I will take offense to your asinine comment that Toronto Prides itself as the center of the Universe ans second place it was the mayor of TO who removed I believe two ranges which were on city owned property which then were relocated to privately owned property. But this is rather old news, did the horse just deliver your mail?

[/quo

I knew I would get your attention.

For all my lawyer and doctor friends.

Statistics can be alarming at times! There is a book out, "How to Lie with Statistics".

Subject: guns vs doctors

Doctors:

(A) The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000

(B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000

( C) Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14% * Statistics courtesy of the U.S. Dept of Health &Human Services []

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is

( C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%

* Statistics courtesy of the FBI

[]

So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.

Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, we have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

/////////////////////////

Ummm.. i happen to have moved AWAY from Toronto after living there for 13 years and i happen to AGREE with the original poster on a "Toronto IS Canada" attitude in general.

And I only moved 2hrs west of hog Town. :whistling:

YEP,, just down the road from where all the TORONTO GARBAGE AND THEIR 200 STINKING TRUCKS/ DAY will be rolling through.

How about keeping all that trash in the confines of the place it was produced? :wallbash:

Oh yeah, I forgot,, Toronto is full of NIMBY'S <_<

HOWEVER, I must also remember, if not for living in that traffic jam for so long that i would never have met the BEAUTIFUL FILIPINA GODDESS " MRS. SPLASHHOPPER" :worthy:

For all my lawyer and doctor friends.

Statistics can be alarming at times! There is a book out, "How to Lie with Statistics".

Subject: guns vs doctors

Doctors:

(A) The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000

(B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000

( C) Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14% * Statistics courtesy of the U.S. Dept of Health &Human Services []

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is

( C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%

* Statistics courtesy of the FBI

[]

So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.

Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, we have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

Oh My God I just couldn't stop laughing....but damb it really isn't funny it's true aughhhhhhh

Well Toronto Mayer David Miller is not well liked amongst the outdoors people in this area. His agenda is so far left that it isn't funny. I am confident that he is pro Liberal and has the premier in his pockets for personal reasons.

I have posted some signs in my store and they are totally true,

Sign #1 "2,000,000 registered firearm owners killed no one yesterday."

Sign #2 "Criminals love gun control; it makes their job safer."

Sign #3 "Guns only have two enemies; Rust and Toronto Mayor David Miller."

It seems that Toronto is making the news as a result of their crime rate with their crime gangs and evicting a couple of legitimate gun clubs who do not have criminals as members is really not the answer. Residents in this area (strong hunting and fishing community) are strongly recommending to shop elsewhere other than Toronto as a result of the actions of Mayor David Miller. There will always be controversy over these issues and I definitely do not believe what David Miller is doing nad I do support Julian Fantino is getting tough on those that committ crimes with guns. Of course this is just my opinion.

Best regards,

Sam

because there is no intelligence test to hold a political office..........

and for stupid/ignorant voters it sounds like he is getting tough on crime...wow

and as for them thinking they are the center of the Universe, I see nothing wrong with people being proud of where they live and to think it's the best place in the world ...good for them

but they are wrong ..Keswick Ontario is the center of the Universe...but it's still in Ontario....

Guest lundboy
I didn' know the Mistake By The Lake was the center of the universe, hmmm.

HAHA JK

It's a parallel universe