An Evening at the Drags .NF

Friday Night I came home early and thought it would be great to take junior my son to see some drag racing.After all it was the only night this

week we do not have soccer.

After all the rants about Ford it was time to see what all those makes and models can do performance wise.

One stock car that is impressive is the Subaru WRX turning low 13's in the 1/4 mile stock off the showroom floor.

By the way there were alot of Mustangs more than any other race car and these things haul A S S.

Not sure if some of these new models were stock but they were turning 12.80 to 12.90 :thumbsup_anim:

Honda Civics that turn the 1/4 mile at 13.01 wow thats Ferari 12 cylinder acceleration.Mazda 3 wagons 12.44 no more need for muscle cars to accelerate like that.Well my son enjoyed his evening and wants to return to the drags some time soon.

Enough of the :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: .

Here are some pics sorry about the picture quality but I only have a Canon A-550.

IMG_1669_1.jpg

10 second mustang starts out on a little wheelie.

IMG_1670_1.jpg

The Harleys were there turning low 12's not bad for stock 2 cylinder bikes.

IMG_1671_1.jpg

What most impressed me is these little Quad bikes can cover the 1/4 mile in 14.5 secs.

IMG_1672_1.jpg

Corvette vs Corvette turning 13.3 secs in the quarter mile not bad at all for cars that are geared to a top speed of 180mph.

IMG_1673_1.jpg

Porche vs Vette this porche was fast 12 seconds flat.

IMG_1700_1.jpg

This Corvette was fast 11.16 in the 1/4 mile and he drives this puppy on the street.Thats motorcycle acceleration.

IMG_1688_1.jpg

This car warming up the tires turns the track at 8.51.

IMG_1689_1.jpg

Here is that same car taking off on a wheelie leaving sparks on the ground from the wheelie bars

next time I will bring the wifes camera and get some better shots.

IMG_1685_1.jpg

Old mustang vs new the old one was fast but not stock.

IMG_1674_1.jpg

These new mustangs rock turning 12.80 and 12.90.

IMG_1677_1.jpg

This drag bike turned the 1/4 mile in 10.3 seconds but what amazed me a stock Yamaha V-Max also turned 10.3.

IMG_1679_1.jpg

Ah my boy posing with one of my classic favorites an old Nova SS with a 350 turning 14 secs flat.

IMG_1680_1.jpg

No its not winter but this Skidoo had little wheels on the front.10.5 secs to cover the Quarter Mile.

IMG_1681_1.jpg

F-350 vs Porche that big pick up turned the 1/4 in 16.45 not bad for its size with a diesel engine.

IMG_1705_1.jpg

The night ended with this spectacular crash from a 9 second Mustang who did almost the 1/8 of a mile on a

wheelie before slamming into the wall the driver escaped unharmed.

IMG_1712_1.jpg

Another shot of that fast skidoo.

IMG_1713_1.jpg

A visitor from Alberta man this lady has one fast Harley.

IMG_1714_1.jpg

IMG_1711_1.jpg

IMG_1715_1.jpg

These guys also had a very fast Harley that will be running Saturday.

IMG_1716_1.jpg

Another shot of the Mustang Destruction.

IMG_1718_1.jpg

This very nice guy offered my son a chance to sit in a very fast racing car.

IMG_1719_1.jpg

I have never felt a car door that was so light it was wafer this .

IMG_1720_1.jpg

We had a great night and will be going back if you ever get the chance bring your kids to the drags

It was awesome :w00t:

Looks like you guys had a blast. What a great sport! Been around drag racing alot. My dad has drag raced since I was a kid and we've run a speedshop here since 1974. Alot of our friends and customers drag race as well. The fastest I've been is low 10's (Vega) and my dad has had a few cars that ran low to mid eights and one that ran mid seven second quarters. Here's a pic of my favorite car of his. He's got another race car in the garage now, but hasn't raced in a couple years (hopefully that'll change soon). Anyway, nice to see others enjoying it too. :thumbsup_anim:

bf1.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun to watch Mike. Great post.

Never been to a drag racing track. There isn't one anywhere near here. From the looks of that wish there was.

Bernie if your ever out my way I will be sure to take you to the Drags man it brings back the youth in you lol.

Good post and pics Mike!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... now where's the report with fish in it??? :Gonefishing::dunno:

Well Dog I got home too late from work yesterday although it did not rain it has rained all week and today was just more poop and thunder and lightning and more rain and sheet and well you know this summer sucks for weather and I don't like fishing in the sparks and fireworks cause it could turn my grey hair to black :wallbash:

Not a huge ford fan but did drag race my mustang for years!

Super fast cars and tons at the track.....

Best i pulled out of mine was high thirteen's.......

If i remember .......... it pulled high fourteen's stock before i dropped a new motor and clutch in it...

Hope some day to re-visit the hobby :)

Should mention to............the ford mustang handles like crap !!!!

Straight line car only!!!

But the most elite car for HP vs $$ on the market 1990's and under............ A true legend in muscle car history!

Back in the mid to late 60's there were some pretty wicked Mustang road racers at Mosport. Comstock comes to mind. Then the Z28'scame along.

JF