Scugog Lake Shore Fishing

GoneFishin

Hey, I would realy like to get out and do some fishing today and I can't get very far so I was thinking about tryng to do some shore fishing on scugog. I have only fished it a couple times by boat so I don't know the area that well. Could someone recomend good places to shore fish? Keep in mind I'm coming from Oshawa and don't want to travle very far. Thanks in advance.

Three most popular places in Port Perry to fish Scugog from shore....

The Causeway

The government docks...Water St

The public boat launch

Was out there last night, managed a few nice crappie, bluegills, small bass and a cat. If you want to drive a bit farther you could try Caesarea

Just drove across the causeway coming home from Pigeon today. I told the wife to look out the window at the "white bucket brigade". She asked why I call them that. Then she saw for herself. Maybe a dozen fishermen at 10:30am.

Well it's to rainy to get out today.... <_< But are you trying to say its not worth the trip out there? I would like to know for the future lol.

Does anyone know any spots where I could wade in and fish pads?? I wouldnt mind gettin the waders out and goin topwater.

I agree with Canadian_copper. I wouldn't was 5 foot into that water covered bog.

I made my own mistake in another small pond a few weeks ago when wading in for a lure. It was a rocky and solid bottom for the first 10 feet then "woosh!!' I went from thigh deep to chest deep mud and water. My own fault the signs pointed endless muddy bottom. Luckily I did not get hurt and was able to swim the next 10 feet for the lure :P.

forrest

The causeway is ok for shore but it does get pretty crowded so be prepare for that. Certain areas in the park on water st has designated fishing zones for anglers but it is really weedy there. You can also try the piers in Caesarea.

• 2 weeks later...

im going to try some night shore fishing at scugog tonight.

thanks for all the information guys.

im going to try the public launch area, then possibly drive over to Caesarea.

btw, i checked google map for Caesarea and i dont quite see a place where i can fish..i only found a harbour/dock kinda thing..is that where everyone fishes?

im going to try some night shore fishing at scugog tonight.

thanks for all the information guys.

im going to try the public launch area, then possibly drive over to Caesarea.

btw, i checked google map for Caesarea and i dont quite see a place where i can fish..i only found a harbour/dock kinda thing..is that where everyone fishes?

I wish I could help you with directions but I haven't gotten out there yet lol. Good luck fishing tonight, let us know how you do. I'm still itchin to get out there.

got to the launch (water street) at about 9:30pm. already a few guys fishing by the caseway...so i just fished near the park with a 3" minnow with jig head. caught a few baby LMB and a decent size crappie.

then drove to caesarea to try it out...as i got there, an old guy was leaving...it was really windy tonight at the dock. so i just did a few casts trying to cover all the areas possible. only caught a sunfish!!

no one seemed to catch anything decent tonight..maybe it was the rain and the thunderstorms that scared the fishies away tonight =[

i for sure wont be going back to scugog again, unless its fishing on a boat.

• 4 months later...