Soft Baits

MrMike

Just wondering what Brand of soft baits most people use?

I have had good luck with Yamamoto baits and Strike zone, pheonix, wave and strike king. I find some seem to repel fish, like what is that smell that comes off of Bass Magnet (road Tar).

The wave tiki worms seem to work well as well (and smell like licorice, go figure).

"(and smell like licorice, go figure)"

Why not ???...I use anise to flavor my corn for carp fishing...Great stuff !!!

I use Phenix and Berkley soft baits for other fishes...

Edited by Beans

if you're fishing anything besides panfish , i say powerbait / gulp work really well and smell probably really good to the fish, but lately, ive been using these micro tubes from Yum, and BPS for panfish and they DO smell like rubber, but it still seems to work wonders --- it might be just that we dont find that smell attractive, and there is this oil coating around the tube, not sure if that aids in enticing the fish to bite

so musky like the smell of rubber? If so no wonder you cant catch a bass on Bass-Magnet soft plastic.

I dont think you understood me. I dont think any fish likes the smell of rubber, so if it smells like rubber, scent it. And with some baits like a lot of soft plastic musky ones dont come in a scented version.

I have yet to find a soft plastic company that makes a lure that doesn't work well.

I guess I buy more Wave Worms and Berkly products because they're readily available and work just fine.

That sucks cause i just bought some Storm baits this morning. I will try them out and will be sure to tell if they are good.

I was trying to get my dad into soft swimbaits and he bought a couple of packs of storm 4" swimbaits. My mom used one and caught a walleye on her first cast. They proceeded to catch over 25 walleye in 4 hours fishing over 2 days and they fished at midday both days!!! Go figure.

Personally you can't go wrong with an original senko. Gulp alive is insane as well. I have good luck with bass magnet tubes although I have never caught anything on their hollow-belly swimbaits (which is a bit dissapointing).

I also use a 6" BPS stick bait (senko style) in pumpkinseed with red flake that is awesome. A bit heavier and easy to cast greater distance. I usually drop shot Gulp Alive stuff but would to give Mark Kulik's bait a try as well.

Edited by Cudz