hametied

Hello all, I am a new member from Scotland. I will be in the area in a couple of months. I had already posted in a different section

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22028

but was advised to post here too. Any help with info will be much appreciated.

Wullie

"First of all, hello, I am Wullie and I am from central Scotland. I am visiting my cousin and her family in Markham the last 2 weeks in september. I am looking for info and perhaps company for a day or so to do some river fly fishing for trout while I am over. Tackle, flies needed etc as I am not sure what I will be bringing and what I may buy locally."

Trout season is over for now,, BUT there a few CARP fishermen in the Toronto(Markham) area on this board that might be able to help you out.

have a nice vacation eh. :Gonefishing:

Splashhopper

"First of all, hello, I am Wullie and I am from central Scotland. I am visiting my cousin and her family in Markham the last 2 weeks in september. I am looking for info and perhaps company for a day or so to do some river fly fishing for trout while I am over. Tackle, flies needed etc as I am not sure what I will be bringing and what I may buy locally."

Trout season is over for now,, BUT there a few CARP fishermen in the Toronto(Markham) area on this board that might be able to help you out.

have a nice vacation eh. :Gonefishing:

Splashhopper

I believe Wullie is supposed to be visiting in early septmeber. I'm not a fly fisherman, but the salmon should be in full force at that point, as well as some nice big steelhead. Great time of year to visit if you ask me. I'm sure some of our resident fly guys could help you out!

Good luck,

UF

If you're not looking for great lakes run fish, there are plenty of trout streams to fish in your area. If you were staying a little closer to where I am, I'd gladly divulge a few good fly fishing streams for ya. I'm sure someone in the area may be able to help you out though.

Thanks for the replies fellas. If the trout season is going to be finished before end Sept, what gear will I need and flies for fishing the rouge river as it looks kinda close to where I am staying. What species am I likely to encounter that are in season then

Wullie

Thanks for the replies fellas. If the trout season is going to be finished before end Sept, what gear will I need and flies for fishing the rouge river as it looks kinda close to where I am staying. What species am I likely to encounter that are in season then

Wullie

check this out for all the season info in that area. Zone 17 PDF from the MNR site

No problem, also check the pdf in the other thread as it has info on what is in the waters close to you. Have fun and a Eight-day Conservation Fishing Licence should only run you $24.55 as Non-Resident of Canada.

• 1 month later...

Hi again. I am now in Markham and looking for access points to the rouge river. Today I had a look at the river below the dam at 'vinegar hill' area. (thats what my cousins husband call it anyway) It was very heavy with suspended dirt, although the water level looked good. I wondered if this wouldrun off further below markham greens golf course as it is the style of river I really love fishing at home. I will be heading up the haliburton hills to thier cabin on sunday, which is on beech lake. Does anyone know if this is any good on the fly?

Thanks in advance

Wullie