lol, Renewable Bait!

Rich

I had maize soaking in a bucket for almost a week to soften like people suggested - worked great.

After a while though, it grew a film on top of the bucket and attracted a ton of fruit flies. So I drained most of the water and the bucket has just been sitting outside.

I look at it today and there's a bunch of sprouts in the bucket. LOL we have new corn growing in our maize pail! Woohoo bait growing for next year, LOL

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinkin' I might have done something wrong with this stuff. I thought it would need dirt to grow.. guess not? lol

interesting lol. can we see some pics? ahha

you didn't cover it up? I found a bucket of maize left over from last year a few weeks ago. (i thought my dad threw it out, i guess not lol) There was a big piece of white stuff at the top ... looked like a white pie or something. It was disgusting... but i dumped that out... washed it down a few times. Now it looks as good as new!

When you are storing it ... make sure the water covers all the maize.

That is not the maize growing. When they process the maize other seeds get in and that is what you have growing in your bucket. The maize looks great just cover with water or use it. The more it smell like alcohol the better.

One thing you should know though, sugar accelerates the fementation process, so try not to over do it. For the bucket you have there all you need is a cap full of scent or 2 table spoons of sugar.

Get out there!!!

Daniel