Mississauga Fishing

Healthnut

:huh: As you can tell, I'm new to this board, and it is a great site. We live in the Falls, and my son wants to go fishing in Mississauga. I'm not familiar with the area. If anyone could give me some advice (on fishing from shore), in Mississauga, and area, I would greatly appreciate it. We plan on coming up on Sunday, and hope to find a bait shop that would be open. It doesn't matter what we would catch. It's all for fun. Many thanks for your comments............

You can fish in Port Credit from pier.

Another popular destination is Erindale Park (Dundas & Mississauga Rd).

Lake Aquitaine could also be another choice (Aquitaine & Glen Erin , 43.5858,-79.754595).

Tight lines!

Try fishing the river mouth up-stream to the canoe club. I've caught everything there from Salmon in the fall, to Smallmouth mid-summer, pike, carp, even walleye under the bridge. I never used live-bait there but if you're taking your son out it's probably a good idea just to get him into it as you'll have better chances of hooking into something.

If it was me fishing with minimal time, I'd start under the bridge at lakeshore, and fish the up-stream shoreline until you get to the canoe club. It's harder to fish from the pier to the bridge with all the rocks and stags.

Another great spot you don't hear much about is Lakefront Promenade Park @ Cawthra and Lakeshore. There's a creek mouth at I believe the south-west side of the park that has produced my best ever smallie day, as well as many carp, and sheephead outings. Try a worm or minnow under a float and you won't be dissapointed. You can cross a walking bridge and fish the shore opposite the park which is a nice rocky beach. I used to set a minnow trap in the creek and fish carp until I got some minnows and then slotter the sheephead with a shiner under a float. Also, when the sun starts setting try a worm on bottom and you should be into a whack of catfish.

Normally I wouldn't blab about spots, but if it'll help get your boy into fishing I'm all for it.

Good Luck,

UF

Erindale Park is alright for smallmouth in the summer, fishing pools with a worm should catch you some fish but it's a little more difficult to fish with

a wee one as there's a little bit of current.

I live in Mississauga and have fished all the spots that UF has mentioned. Only luck I've had is with the salmon in the fall and some cats by the Lakeshore bridge. Live bait under a bobber is your best bet, as I hardly have luck with lures in those areas already specifed. Good luck!