Fishing Chemong lake, good or bad

sully

Howdy all

In our quest to find some property, we've been looking to Chemong lake

anybody have anything to say or some sage like advice about fishing Chemong, is it good or bad.

Don't need any honeyhole advice, just helpful hints on if we should look elsewhere for a good fishing lake or

is Chemong pretty good for fishing. I know its got access to other lakes too

but for the time being(boatless) we'd be confined to Chemong

Thanks for the help

So if you are boatless, can I assume you are fishing from shore?

If so, then early morning and late evening/night will probably be the best times to fish. Bass, Walleye and Muskie are in this lake, but the big boys likely wont be near shore during high sun.

I have a few friends who have trailers on parks on Chemong....the fishing is pretty good overall there. It's likely not the best Kawartha Lake, but, it holds it's own.

I'm fishing there this weekend...will post a report on Sunday.

yup, just boatless for the timebeing.

We are looking at trailers too @ Chemong.

Once we buy the trailer (or something) we'll be getting a boat not long after....

not to interested in shore fishing as buying a boat will be the next priority once we get

or score a place to call home for the weekends.....

just want to make sure we have some half decent fishing ahead of us without having to drive to another lake

for some fish fun....

Ya, post up next week with how ya did on Chemong...

Thanks for the help.

Edited by sully

Chemong lake is great!

Ive caught my biggest bass there being 4lbS! shorefishing from the cottage. We are located on the upper chemong stretch.

There are lots of largies, perch, bluegill, crappie, walleye and musky

I have yet to catch a musky or wally on the lake, but i do intend on exploring alot more...definitely a gem in the kawarthas.

oh and ive seen carp if ur into it!

Pachone

Thanks for the help guys... sounds encouraging

Jeff.

when you say get away are you talking moving to a different lake or just a different location on Chemong

cheers

The north end of the lake is quieter compared to the causeway area on weekends/holidays. The south end of the lake is shallow and very weedy and is not big boat friendly so I tend to stay outta there.

There is good fishing and boating up on the north end provided you have an up to date chart as there are some hazards there not marked...specifically shoals.

Its not far to run to Buckhorn lake from Chemong so thats an easy option as well depending on your boat speed and your wallet :wallbash: I put 80 bucks in yesterday to fill mine from the half mark. Mind you I can go a long way on a full tank. I tend to keep it topped up.

If there is anything else you would like to know please ask and I would be more than happy to answer.