kevin vandam signature reel at BPS

robinwood

Heres a deal for you from them!!!

We do have a special offer for anyone in the forum if you would like to announce it. All Community members are able to get the Quantum PT750, PT760, PT770, and PTS770 reels for just 95.00 USD while supplies last, Also we can sell the quantum tour editions TE760PT for just 115.00 while supplies last. The different numbers represent the ratios, and right now only right handed reels are available.

Retail for the Energy PT Reels is 189.99, and the Tour Edition reels is 239.00.

Please just have them type : OFNCOMMUNITY in the comments box when placing an order. Thank you. And please let the guys know we can get them all these reels for this amazing offer while supplies last. Also most all orders will ship within 2 days or less on the above mentioned reels. And bulk orders are available as well.

All American Outdoors

The world's LARGEST selection of fishing reels

Here is a generous offer that was made available to OFC members from a Sponser of the board. I ordered Two of them and they really are a great looking reel.

Art

Edited by aplumma

Heres a deal for you from them!!!

We do have a special offer for anyone in the forum if you would like to announce it. All Community members are able to get the Quantum PT750, PT760, PT770, and PTS770 reels for just 95.00 USD while supplies last, Also we can sell the quantum tour editions TE760PT for just 115.00 while supplies last. The different numbers represent the ratios, and right now only right handed reels are available.

Retail for the Energy PT Reels is 189.99, and the Tour Edition reels is 239.00.

Please just have them type : OFNCOMMUNITY in the comments box when placing an order. Thank you. And please let the guys know we can get them all these reels for this amazing offer while supplies last. Also most all orders will ship within 2 days or less on the above mentioned reels. And bulk orders are available as well.

All American Outdoors

The world's LARGEST selection of fishing reels

Here is a generous offer that was made available to OFC members from a Sponser of the board. I ordered Two of them and they really are a great looking reel.

Art

Go for it BPS is sold out of them!!!!

Rustic

my experience is your paying for the name on the rod not the actual rod. I found this out with Bob izumi spinners, exact same ones without his face on it was 2 buck less.

Be careful when our buying an endorsed product like that. It may be a great rod but you may be able to find the same one cheaper without the big name on it.

Cheers!

Okay if they're all gone it's a moot point, but...

First of all it is Kevin not Ken VanDam.

Second the reel is a Quantum not a Bass Pro Shop reel.

This reel is priced well below Quantum's best reels, but it has 9+1 bearings and a flipping switch.

At $79.00 it looks like a bargain to me.

I picked one up when I was down in tennesse in March. I've only used it twice (casting for pike)but am very impressed. I got the "burner" edition with the 7:0 retreive. I coupled it with an extreme BPS rod which were also on sale for $60 at the time. A 7'6" heavy telescopic. It'll be my flippin combo.

well, I called bps today- no point going to get one if there are none, and yes there are none, person on the phone said they were re-called !! by the manufacturer - so I guess someone is in some (Van) Dam trouble!

after running a half page ad in the (van) Dam flyer - still looked like a good deal if the (van) Dam things were available!

A friend got this one thinking it looked cool but thinks it's kinda junky after using it. It doens't seem well designed internally because he had problems with a sticky clutch after a while. I saw it and thought that they copied TeamDaiwa's cool swept handle and everything but it looks good but the overall lack of precision in the gearing mechanisms was obvious. At the same time, we're talking about a sub $100 reel so you can't expect an exceptional flawless reel at that price point. I can't say anyhting about the previous KVD models other than they sure look like a reworked version of the Accurists ;)

It's a shame you havent had a chance to hold the quantum you would not still be looking at the other reel still.... If you want a second opinion of the reel PM Spiel and ask him if he like the two he ordered.

Art