(NF) Italy wins!!! (Soccer)

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Like I said from the very beginning. Italy is down but not out. They have had bad starts before and bounced back!

Although it was a cheap win. I knew the game was over when Ribery left the field, which is my favourite French player(after Zidane retired). And basically the heart and soul of the team.

Either way, Italy played a lot better!

Luca Toni was the best player on the field in back to back games. Regardless of De Rossi's fluke goal, Daniele played a strong game!!!!Perrotta played well.Buffon once again proves he is one of the best goalies in the world!!!

But why do they keep playing Cassano??? He finally made 2 good plays near the end but every time he has the ball he coughs it up!!!!

The bad news is we will have to play without our best offensive midfielder. Pirlo and our best fore checker so to speak. Gattuso.

The good news is we are playing Spain. Spain looks really pretty playing weak teams but falls apart when they face a real defensive team, and I must say, Italy's defense was very impressive in that last game!!

And Germany vs Portugal will be one for the books for sure!!

Netherlands or Germany will take the Euro Cup this year!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass
Italy is way to slow to keep up with a fast team the Dutch ran circles around them. France looked like it didn't want to be there today. I'm Italian and don't think they will get past a good team like Spain.

jjcanoe

Its true that our team is aging but games are won with skill not speed alone.

France has played weak throughout the entire tournament.....

France's offence without Zidane and Trezeguet was pretty much non existent.

I didn't watch much of the other France games but was listening to them playing and the only player I kept hearing was Ribery with glimpses of Henry. And the defense? Don't know what happened there. Very disappointing for the French...thats for sure.

Holland is playing strong but Spain? I think we can beat Spain easily but without Pirlo and Gattuso it may be a bit more challenging. Only time will tell right?

Edited by Johnny Bass

Spain will definitely be a tough one to beat, but i think we can pull through... bringing the CUP home? i donno :dunno:

Definitely will miss Pirlo next match. Lets hope Donaldino puts up a nice formation, with the right players (DEL P BABY)

LUCA TONI is dying to score one yet. Lets hope he can dial in next game... I just hope we dont give it away, and at least put up a good fight.

One thing i have been a bit disapointed with the officiating, alot of obvious BAD calls have been made, and many are game changing. Todays match had a great REF, lets hope we see more like this.

Portugal is looking strong, and so is Croatia... whos taking the Cup home? I have no predictions...

Does this mean that there won't be any idiots hanging out of their car windows, honking their horns non stop, distracting all the other drivers now? Or how much longer will that last?

Edited by Dan Bouck

Does this mean that there won't be any idiots hanging out of their car windows, honking their horns non stop, distracting all the other drivers now? Or how much longer will that last?

IDIOTS?? now thats class....calling italians idiots.....must i remind you the last two world cups that italy has one there havent been any ruckus of any kind........in 84' was there not 400,000 ppl who celebrated on st.clair without a single incident...i think its classless,dan, that you have resorted to name calling.....

FORZA ITALIA

Hey , Hey, lets not be oversensitive here. No Name Calling to ant specific Country. Just a group of, I don't know what you would call them if Idiot isn't appropriate. But he is right. Just like the Idiots I seen when living in Wasaga Beach driving and honking their Horns waving every flag but the Canadian Flag on Canada Day a couple of years ago. I would call that classless and idiotic. Question? Since soccer over here is nothing and has no bearing, as I don't see any flags other than the Canadian and Saskatchewan Flags, does the soccer cup end before July 1st? Man you people are over sensitive

Edited by holdfast

Guest Johnny Bass
Hey , Hey, lets not be oversensitive here. No Name Calling to ant specific Country. Just a group of, I don't know what you would call them if Idiot isn't appropriate. But he is right. Just like the Idiots I seen when living in Wasaga Beach driving and honking their Horns waving every flag but the Canadian Flag on Canada Day a couple of years ago. I would call that classless and idiotic. Question? Since soccer over here is nothing and has no bearing, as I don't see any flags other than the Canadian and Saskatchewan Flags, does the soccer cup end before July 1st? Man you people are over sensitive

Holdfast never gives up an opportunity to bash Europeans. :rolleyes: Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you have nothing good to say, don't say it?

Are we over sensitive or are some of you rude and classless? I call racism classless.

Hey I love my country as much as any other guy, maybe even more. But I see nothing wrong with cheering for my background nation. Its all about bragging rights.

IDIOTS?? now thats class....calling italians idiots.....must i remind you the last two world cups that italy has one there havent been any ruckus of any kind........in 84' was there not 400,000 ppl who celebrated on st.clair without a single incident...i think its classless,dan, that you have resorted to name calling.....

FORZA ITALIA

WOW! :wallbash:

You must have added a few of your own words in my post to come up with that! Or be on the wacky tobacky!

:jerry:

I think Italy will have a tough time against Spain, although, neither team looks overly impressive. As I don't haver a country to root for in the cup (unbiased opinion), based on watching the games, I would have the Netherlands to take the cup. They look like a strong squad that gets better everytime they play.

Racism is never cool.

italy wont beat Spain, they arent on top of their games as of late....but who knows, Italy can lock the field down better than most

i think portugal is gonna take out germany tomorrow (toughest matchup in the quarters), and cruise through to a final vs. either Nederlands or Spain...

sorry, i dont see it happening with Italy this Euro.

I think the multiculturalism in Toronto makes these types of celebrations really hit home, i think its great...horn honking, flag waving and all!

good luck to all

im with Dan on this one the group of people that were flaggin near my house in stoney creek (not italians btw) were stopping traffic and breaking the glass in bush shelters really pointless considering its only group stage games and the finals are still a ways away

Edited by bassmaster4

Let the games begin :thumbsup_anim: This is when Italy will prevail under pressure is when they play good and as for the bashing i guess some people don't know how to celebrate and have a good time i see World Cup soccer and Euro Cup as a good time excitement and when nations come together and enjoy the sport Man you Don't like the horn honking and flag waving thats your prerogative, Portugal and Germany will go to O.T and i think Portugal will win i cheer for them since i work with alot of Portuguese people, If Italy and Spain go to penalty kicks Italy will win Buffon is the worlds best goalie as we speak and is in his Prime Good luck to all Who Cheer for there Team.

FORZA AZZURRI!!!

Edited by PatrickG

im with Dan on this one the group of people that were flaggin near my house in stoney creek (not italians btw) were stopping traffic and breaking the glass in bush shelters really pointless considering its only group stage games and the finals are still a ways away

Breaking the bus shelter glass? Now that is disrespect... i WONDER WHO IT WAS HMMMMMM im not going to say but i already know.

I love to celebrate, and in a matter of fact im going out tonite with my jersey on to celebrate...why ? because i have about 5-6 ital friends and we enjoy celebrating and going crazy together... because we can and its fun. We definitely DO NOT destroy things and cause damage, but flag waving and honking is a must.

Some people are just inconsiderate and rude. Which is why there nations are considered that way, especially when advertising your country and doing it......a guess a couple bad apples does ruin the whole batch?

FORZA AZZURI

Pachone

Edited by Pachone

From a neutral's perspective (seeing as England unfortunately didn't qualify) I would have to say that I hope Holland or Spain win Euro 2008. They have been by far the best teams in the competition. The kind of football they play is exciting and entertaining. It's about time that teams like Italy and Germany (who usually do very well in these tournaments) which grind out results rather than playing exciting and attacking football don't make it to the final! Contraversial statement .... I know, but an unbiased opinion ;-)

Good luck to all 'your' teams - may the best team win!