southern ohio catfishing

oxcowboy

we have had a real wet spring here in the midwest, so its been hard to get much fishing in with our creeks overflowing so much, but i have managed to get out some and spend some time with family as well. here it goes.

started out going to one of my favorite creek spots looking for a few catfish to fry.

catfishing001.jpg

it was a cool evening on the creek and got a late start but ended up with a few little kittens but no cats that night.

catfishing004.jpg

catfishing005.jpg

catfishing006.jpg

since there wasnt much size, they all went back to bite again another day.

my next adventure was to bass pro shops near cincy to get a few lures and a new tackle box, it was also a chance to get my group of guys that going to elk lake later this year to get to know each other. i know them all but the other 3 had never met, figured if they are going to spend 10 days together they should at least get aquainted a bit.

catfishing010.jpg

loaded up on way too much stuff, got the few things i needed and then some, even a little food plot seed for the deer for later on this fall. had to replace my old boy, i had it since my college days but it was getting pretty broken down and too full to make it another trip.

catfishing011.jpg

my next outing was more for fun than fishing for me, i took my boys out for their first boat ride of the year, loaded up my little 10 ' tinny on top of the xterra and went to the creek to run my motor and get them into the swing of summer.

my crew-

catfishing013.jpg

the fishermen-

kelby

catfishing015.jpg

ethan

catfishing017.jpg

not much was caught, ethan lost a little smallie at the boat and kelby got himself his 1st stripped bass, but the boys had alot of fun just being in the boat and putting around. the evening ended up with this nice shot on the horizon.

catfishing018.jpg

sorry wrong sunset pic lol

and finaly we got into some nicer cats. my brother and his son came up for a couple of days last week to drop off a new bull for our cow herd and get some cows ready to do some embryo transplanting. we also busted our butts building fence together but was able to fish out of one of our ponds one evening. my brother got things started with a respectable blue cat

catfishing021-1.jpg

then after about half an hour i got my first one. another blue just a little smaller

catfishing022.jpg

ten minutes later my first shovel head (flat head)

catfishing025.jpg

and at the end of the night i got another decent shovel head

catfishing033.jpg

we put them all back in the pond again, had alot of fun and just spending time with my brother was great, that was the first time we got to see each other since early april, and got a few fish to boot. well thats about it for the report, hope you all enjoyed.

jason

Edited by oxcowboy

[love Ethan's lid! /quote]

yeah he loves his army helmet, it was one of my dads actual helmet from the national gaurd. He give it to him earlier this year and he wears it everyday. even took it for show and tell at school

jason

Guest Johnny Bass

Those are some monster cats!!!!They must have put up a heck of a scrap! Too bad my brother doesn't like fishing... :( Would be cool to fish with him!