Battery finally charged

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

And no it was not the Battery. It was the battery Charger. Went back to CT and got a new one of the same model and it was the same crap. Wouldn't charge. Went back to CT and got the Nautilus and it not only charges faster, but works like a charm. So if you guys wanna buy chargers? Dont be cheap. Invest in a good one! $100+

It says keep out of the rain, so I guess its not an onboard charger?Or does an on board charger also have to be hidden from the elements? I thought they were water proof, or is this just reffering to when it is charging?

Edited by Johnny Bass

good to hear ya got it worked out..i have a nautalis charger too...works great, batteriews also nautalis..starting/cranking battery still great, deepcycle still charges good, both batteries 5 years old and going strong...the charger is a good charger, set it on auto and charge it up in the garage...I do this every time I pretty much drain my battery on the Minkotta when the testbutton says recharge.

What charger did you have before Johnny Bass?

I just bought the motomaster that was on sale for $69.99 at CTC on Sunday ... i think there are problems with my battery itself so i don't know if there's any issues with the charger ...

Now that I think of it, maybe I should just buy the onboard charger at Basspro for $99.99 ... it can charge both my cranking and deep cycle at the same time ...

Guest Johnny Bass
What charger did you have before Johnny Bass?

I just bought the motomaster that was on sale for $69.99 at CTC on Sunday ... i think there are problems with my battery itself so i don't know if there's any issues with the charger ...

Now that I think of it, maybe I should just buy the onboard charger at Basspro for $99.99 ... it can charge both my cranking and deep cycle at the same time ...

I think it was the Eliminator or something like that. Bring it back and get the Nautilus or the onboard charger at BPS. They also charge the battery a lot quicker. Save you time and money.

I guess its not an onboard charger then Brian. But its got water on the package and with the words Nautilus, you'd think its water proof! Oh well.

But its got a 5 year warranty!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Guest Johnny Bass

Model CT-1500A??? And I think it is made by motomaster. Nautilus. Apparently someone tiold me they come with a deionizing button(or something like that) But I guess this model doesn't

"Nautilus" was the name of Capt. Nemo's submarine in the Julies Verne science fiction classic 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea.

Do you suppose that this charger is also a submarine?. It has the same name...

Guest Johnny Bass
"Nautilus" was the name of Capt. Nemo's submarine in the Julies Verne science fiction classic 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea.

Do you suppose that this charger is also a submarine?. It has the same name...

I assumed it was at least water proof like one!lol

Guest Johnny Bass
Found this John

Question

Water proof?

Is this unit water proof?

asked 9 months ago by wrapper - Quebec on Motomaster Nautilus Intelligent Battery Charger1 answerAnswers

answer 1

No, this unit is not water proof.

I figured that much, with the big holes in the side and the wires exposed. Why they have water on the package as if it is a marine type charger, I don't know.

But an onboard battery charger is. Correct?

Either way, for now I am pleased with my purchase and the amount of time it took to charge the battery.

Guest lundboy

You got the good charger... it's actually made by Schumacher, one of the best charger makers going....

http://store.schumachermart.com/battery-chargers-marine.html

It is a marine type charger, in that it is a deep cycle charger and also has AGM settings. It's classified as a portable charger. An on-board will have mounting holes on the case, and will be fully waterproof. The Nautilus is not waterproof or even water resistant.... so keep it dry.

Edited by lundboy