Shore Fishing - It's Over

Clampet

Well temps here in Montreal on the St-Lawrence were 61 F lower than usual for this time of year.Of course we do live more North lol.

2 walleyes caught yesterday close to shore by boat were both caught in 6 ft of water on a hot sunny day.

Paul if you move around you can find the fish especially in the evening.Unfortunately you will have to burn more gas :wallbash:

Good Luck on your next outing.

I wouldnt say its over at all, but i have to agree with you that the fact that the fishing from shore has slowed down tons. when i was out last night, the panfish were still on, and you will just need more patience with your time from shore. Fish swim, and theyre not going to stay in the same spot for their entire life. Btw, the weather is hopefully going to be like how it was forecasted, and it should liven up the shore fishing once again in the next week.

Shore fishing works good for me all year round. Personally i don't think it affects the bass. Not being use to boat fishing i fish from shore all year long, i have cought bass in under foot deep of water. As long as there are weeds to give off oxygen the bass are fine, as for pike, musky etc....im not to sure. Up at Baptist Lake near Bancroft i have seen Large Musky just cruising the shoreline in the heat of summer. It depends on the species and the structure of tha area.

Guest gbfisher
Ok, then the Wallice from shore is finished, cause those fish don't tolerate warm water too well.

Is that so..... sorry to hear that. :w00t:

Ok, then the Wallice from shore is finished, cause those fish don't tolerate warm water too well.

I think it'd be pretty safe to say that Wall-ices from shore during daylight hours will be a pretty tough go for the next couple of months... but what does it matter to someone that's just gonna skulk around the ceement pond anyway?

Catfish on the other hand really like the warm water and will take the Wall-ices place, find some clean water with Catfish in it and you'll be throwin' rocks at them scrawny Wall-ice!!! B)