Rice Lake mini report

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Me and Al decided to go to rice for a few hours. I don't like Rice unless the bass are in season and told him I don't have confidence targeting pickerel in that lake. But it was close by and we needed to kill a few hours.

Launched and left the marina. Immediately we are on a weed flat. I find the edge. Alex casts and bang, fish on. A 3lb pickeral. We tried to work the weed line but the weedline is irregular and the wind was brutal! Al caught a LM bass and that was it. We needed to head for cover. Fished behind the islands, sheltered from the winds with no luck.

We tried a few more Islands with no luck. Went back in front of the marina. I hooked a smallie but it shook off. Decided to call it a night. I still had a hangover from the night before and was hungry.

Anyways, we get to the launch and don't we see a guy with a cooler? And guess whats inside? A number of decent sized large mouth bass.........It wont be long till Rice lake's fishing population is devastated.

That is unfortunate! :wallbash:

Maybe as fishermen we should be educating those that are not so educated. I once did not know everything there is to know and till this day still learning, however with the help of the board and research I have been able to figure thing out just fine.

As a group we can try to better our fishery.

My two cents.

Thanks for the report Johnny Bass.

Edited by sunfish

yea it was terrible....was looking for the # for the ministry the whole time...that dude should go straight to jail....makes me sick

on a happier note....heres the pic of the the Walter that is still swimming and a couple pike Johny and I got in the rain at cooks.

IMG_0722-1.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0721-1.jpg

nice job Johnny........I hate it when you get into a walleye right as you arrive on the water..gets your hopes up and then get nothing else for the rest of the day...truely a kick in the nuts , but its still better than getting skunked I guess...Rice can get rather annoying right know with the weeds coming up everywhere, which adds to the frustration of no fish!!!