Now my Daughter is outfishing me

Well after yesterdays miserable day rain and rain and more rain I found an open window of dry weather.

Was going to fish the St.Lawrence in Roy's back yard when the winds picked up big time :wallbash:

Plan B was a little better so I decided to go to my favorite River for Pike.The winds were strong but I did manage to

find areas sheltered from the wind.After I launched the boat I soon realized I should have stayed home the whole river

had turned into Chocolate Milk :wallbash: .

Not the clear water I had fished in with GlennK the week before.

I went to some of my favorite Pike spots which did not produce the whole shore line was abundant brown coloured.

Boat control was tough in heavy chop so I decided to head back to the marina and try some other top notch pike spots.

At this point the chop was too rough for the electric motor so I just through in the anchor and we tried casting notta sniff :dunno:

IMG_1341_1.JPG

Here are my 2 mates for the Day Ryan 9 and my Daughter Robin 11 unfortunately my 13 year daughter has lost all interest :wallbash:

I have a new rule in the boat when casting with kids all on board must wear sunglasses or eyewear.Spent $20 on my Daughters sunglasses

but better to have protection against flying treble hooks.Daughter was happy listening to Kelly Clarkson on the stereo.

Fishin was tough so my son says lets troll so we did

IMG_1344_1.JPG

Trolling produced this little snot rocket Robin's first ever Pike.Caught on a bright pink Rapala X-rap

Probably the only thing you can see in the chocolate milk.

This weather has just turned the river into liquid poop.What a crappy spring.

While my red neck friend in Alabama enjoys 81F surface temps we registered a balmy 58F.

That was it one little snot rocket but my girl was happy.

IMG_1347_1.JPG

Very long house boat something like the ones on Lake Temagami.

IMG_1348_1.JPG

Thats me old skunk face.

IMG_1351_1.JPG

On the way back we were listening to Kiss Shout it out Loud.

They were singing there version Charmin.We had a good laugh.

IMG_1353_1.JPG

After a long day on the water why not enjoy a good Poutine and thats what the little ones

ate right down to last Frie.

IMG_1354_1.JPG

IMG_1357_1.JPG

Kids were checking out this guy while I packed up the boat.

Fishing was crap weather was crap but we had some great family time together.

Mike the Pike.

The smiles on the kids' faces is the real story here. I feel your pain about being outfished by the women in the family too...nice pout you have going on there....LOL.

Good to see you getting out a lot in that new ride!

Your daughter had sunglasses on and you didn't. Try sunglasses next time!

My son had em too but he got nothing.

Really the water was really stirred up .I would like to know how you have done with the Pink X-rap since you purchased it last summer.

That pike was lucky I guess the pink lure stuck out in the poopy coloured water.

MTP

Good report MIke. Sunglasses for the kids is a great idea.

Sorry I got your PM too late to join in the fun. Probably just as well, though. High winds could have been too much for the 12' tinny, especially with Andrew in the boat.

Will talk to you later in the week if the new ride shows up at the dealer.