wuman

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum and pretty much a rookie when it comes to fishing! My buddies at work took me out for the first time fishing last year and now I'm hooked. Lets say i have a deep burning desire to fish every weekend.

I'm heading up to Talon Lake (Callender) next weekend so I wanted know if anyone had any insight or suggestions on this lake.

thanks guys,

wuman

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum and pretty much a rookie when it comes to fishing! My buddies at work took me out for the first time fishing last year and now I'm hooked. Lets say i have a deep burning desire to fish every weekend.

I'm heading up to Talon Lake (Callender) next weekend so I wanted know if anyone had any insight or suggestions on this lake.

thanks guys,

wuman

callander was last years fishing trip.. talon lake is rutherglen area...

and it doesnt matter, you'll still get skunked :)

Talon Lake

Edited by Bitsmith2k

Talon lake is pretty decent for smallmouth bass. Fish the shorelines with the most amount of wood and deeper water. There a few weed beds in the lake and evenings you may be able to get into some walleye around these. Jig and leeches work well. Your not too far from North Bay. Trout Lake marina is close by has live bait and you can pick up worms and leeches there.

Fish those same weedbeds with spinnerbaits for pike. Losts of boats troll the shoreline around the mid lake point and seem to catch a mixed bag

Also some pretty decent lakers there but hard to catch