A thank you...

Gerritt

After seeing Wayne's post in the classified section about the resort his SIL Myia and her Husband bought on Manitoulin I was intrigued... Being new owners I am sure they are CRAZY busy getting ready for opening their resort to the public...

I had a few questions about a few things ok a little more then a few.. mainly because of my sons allergies to pets etc... I also wanted to know about their launch docking etc etc..

Seeing as how we are camping for a few a days, I figured I would receive a Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No sort of response.. but what I received was nothing less then a detailed novel! :thumbsup_anim: they are working hard to accommodate us away from other people that have dogs etc to minimize the chance of my sons allergies to pets and the asthma that comes along with it.. Myia went into great detail about their operation and have impressed me beyond what I expected.

She has us setup on a large site 50x70 away from the beaten crowds.. Thank you!

I owe her and her husband a big thank you for taking the time to respond to my/our questions.. and for going the extra mile... even if only for a long weekend camping as a family..

See you in June Myia!!

and thank you Wayne for letting OFC know about her new business adventure.

Gerritt

PS... Joe.. Multi-family Camping trip?

I believe that Gerritt was intending to make members of the board aware of the level of service he has been receiving from this out fit. It is not at all uncommon for members to let other members know about exemplary customer service. The same could be said for less than stellar service! :Gonefishing:

HH

Most decent resorts will do the same, why didn't you thank them via email? free advertising or spam? :whistling:

I have zero vested interest in this resort. I was just informing other fisherman looking for a place to camp about the service I have received thus far from this resort, especially when I am not spending thousands of dollars renting a cabin for the week... I am just a transient camper and the information they have provided is nothing short of awesome.

The owners of this resort also have a family tie to a member here (Not me) Wayne suggested them to me, and his suggestion was bang on.

Thanks for you're concern though of me spamming the board for the great service I have received from this outfit.

G

I should add I have personally thanked them via email, wanted to share a positive experience with our fellow members

Edited by Gerritt

Most decent resorts will do the same, why didn't you thank them via email? free advertising or spam? :whistling:

You're joking, right.

That's like saying a negative review might be generated by a competitor with a vested interest.

I've never heard of anyone using the special needs of a child as a motive for spam.

I'm sure Gerritt is grinning ear to ear and drowning in his own drool with the expectation of a big fat commission from a small family operation. Sly as a fox.

Good handle.

Thanks G.

Edited by SNAG

Thank you G for the tip. Looked at their webpage, what an exciting looking place to holiday. Always wanted to see Manitoulin Island.

Thanks also to Wayne for the heads up.

John