Our first Launch / new boat

brickNblock

Call it what you want.....

Some might think it belongs as a P.M. but,

..If nothing is ever said not a soul will ever know about it.

So I want everyone to know.

Will......(a.k.a. fishnsled) on the board here, is one of the many decent folk that frequent this board.

If your an avid OFC'r you'll have most likely read about him assisting someone or another at least once a week through there reports.

'fishnsled', offered to assist me with my first launch in the new boat to make sure everything went

Tickety-Boo.......keep in mind that I live about 5 km from the bayofQuinte and he is Toronto some 170km from my place.

I didnt want to drag him all the way out here on the long weekend just for a launch ..my first...besides, I was supposed to have everything ready for his visit the week before.

I'm a 'greencoachdog' fan and enjoyMOST all his posts on 'LAUNCH IDIOTS/CLOWNS'..but,

just the same ..had to do it myself...no fear here of in-capability..just do'er I say...ya gotta get over the fear.

The launch was busy and nerves were a mite tense..but knew it had to be done.

Charmaine and I had the boat in the water on the first attempt, truck parked and lines out in less the fifteen minutes looking for walleye.....was still wondering what bringing the boat out of the water would be like under longweekend launch traffic, anyway...

Few things came to mind..Ive read and read about most all issues that could come into play but there was still a little mild panic of not really knowing what had to be done.

A cell phone call to 'fishnsled', .."OK pete, you dont have to run your bilge pump motor whilst out in the water.it wont sink".

Another call to 'fishnsled', "dont worry pete, thats the pisser spraying water from the back of the motor"

Another call to 'fishnsled'..(this time I spoke...OK Will..we got'er done Bud...many, many thanks"

Trailering out from the water was smooth...first attempt. Tied off the boat at the dock..got the truck and reversed just past the bunks to soak them and pulled out a 'lil...got in boat and rev'd 'er and then shut off the motor and she glided up the trailer about half way. Over the truck and climbed onto the trailer , winched 'er in...pulled out and released the plug. Secured the transom ties, hooked up he electric/chains and off we drove...

It was like we've been doing it for years ...a real treat.

Got to say that it would never have happened with that much ease if not for a couple of exellent guys here on this board........

well,..at least that quickly anyway.

Thanks Will....thank you very much.....

.We'll be 'lunging Balsam again this fall together but with both our boats...more area will be covered on the drift when were trolling side by each.

BTW>

1/2 dozen OOS LM were caught and quickly released and (2), 2-3lb'rs wallice for the pan.

Ive got the pics but no way to put them on here....sorry, we've the worst provider out here but the only one for the area at this time.

Did I mention that $75 in fuel was put into the boat and it didnt fill it....good note tho, 4-5 hrs trolling the Bay and the fuel gauge did not move at all. (yes it works)

Hoping everyone has a successful and safe fishing season this year 2008.

- brickNblock.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.....really wanted to get back out again the next day but winds were gusting large and there weere white caps on the bay.

Im not ready for them big waves yet.

Today.well thats a different story.soon as Im done at the office were heading backout about 1pm and see about getting serious about them walleye.

Great to hear things went well Peter, even a couple of fish! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for the kind words from yourself and the others here. :blush: I just like to help out if I can whether that be in person, via a pm, or a phone call. Now we just have to pick a day to get out in that new ride!!!

Tightlines.