New Boat ( NF )

tizfun

Hey all, I haven't posted in a while here but I've kept up with all the reports.. You're reports are awesome, some are like I was there with you !!!

I haven't been out fishing at all yet this year as I sold my Princecraft last fall and still haven't been able to find the right boat for my family's needs and mine too.... I say this as the Princecraft was sold because my girls & wife wanted to do more tubing/skiing/wakeboarding and the side console boat just didn't have the comfort for the 5 of us out all day.. Great fishing boat wish she was still with me.. I've now looked at a few in the US again.. Lot's out there and good deals too.. Here is one that I've had my eye on and for the price, it looks pretty good.. It's a 1994 with Merc 150 hp XR6 ... $6000.00

Tell me what you think, is it too old ??? Your opinions/suggestions would be appreciated ..

Thanks, Tiz

sharp looking boat for the money , sounds like it solves the family issue and will be a good boat to fish out of. It looks like an 18 footer so with a 150 I don't think it is under powered. Sometimes when boats are underpowered you have a tendancy to drive them harder and the gas consumption is not good.

I am not 100 % sure but I think procraft and astro were owned by the same company back then.

Thanks for all the replies.. The 150 hp will consume some gas but what better power for an 18 footer would there be ??? We've been sitting on the fence for a bit on this one.. I found out that the owner has disconnected the oil-injection and now pours oil right into the boats tank..

Not good ??

What about the Tracker Nitro Sport 185 or the newer 188.. Are these boats any good ?? I have found a few available, just not sure on the Tracker issue...

Tiz