Free To Air

Smitty1

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard about this "Free-to-Air" satellite receiver?

I have heard of some people buying these receivers and with there regular Bell dish and receiving free satellite signals - they get over 700 channels free.

Is this illegal? Someone told me they are getting the signals before they actually reach the satellite - therefore it is not stealing from Bell?

Any info on this would be appreciated - I have heard of those people with the old receivers from Bell - getting a programmed card - but that would be stealing.

Thanks

Smitty

Sorry guys - nice first post eh...I was a member on the old board - I fish in the Ottawa area..mostly walleye and pike - throw in the odd bass trip.

I read the board a lot - don't post much because of the new young lad - fishing seems to take a back seat - can't wait until he is old enough to hold a fishing rod.

Smitty

fta is legal

if you use it for free to air signals

if you program it with the bins that let you decrypt bell or dishnetwork or any encrypted signal you are breaking the law

a few places in toronto just got busted for programming FTA receivers with the hack to get bell or dishnet......

Terry have news details on that???

Yes FTA is legal until you delibratly decypt their signal.

there is a very grey area involved as well...

Like using your FTA for Dishnetwork...if you cant legally purchase it then how can you steal it??

cant steal a loaf of bread not available for sale.

I dont advocate signal Piracy... however you are the last person they are concerned with.

Be well in 2007 and welcome back home.

PS. somethings have changed around here......

Gerritt.