Just thinkin' out loud

johnnyb

Seems to be lots of shoreline around the Toronto area is producing decent pike...does anybody fish along the lake in Mississauga or Oakville? Not looking for honey holes, but, maybe some positive affirmation that it might be worthwhile heading down there one morning this week?

I've been to a couple parks in Mississauga along the lakeshore this year, as it is where I reside. However, to date I have had no luck, not even a tap. These trips were all before the season shutdown so the action may pick up about now with the warmer temps. If you are interested, PM me, and I'll give up a spot or two. Maybe you'll have beet luck than I will, seeing that I won't be able to wet a line until early June.

reefrunner

I'll be looking to get out for some Lake O pike east of Toronto soon as I don't know of any places out my way. I've seen where they hang out in TO spots, so I'll be looking for similar habitat. Namely....fish in 3 to 8 feet of water, structure and baitfish. Keeping that in mind, I'll be investigating things like marinas, shorelines etc.... I have humminbird's castable fish finder that I can use to find depth. Chest waders may just give you the distance from shore needed to hit those kinds of areas.

Again, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me spots....I find it more rewarding to do the legwork and find the fish. Good luck everyone!

Lets put this to rest shall we

Local marinas river mouths with weeds

hundreds of miles of shoreline

rock/weed breaks

they are out there and they are everywhere!!!

Close enough for you

JUST GET OUT AND FISH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!! :Gonefishing:

I'll be looking to get out for some Lake O pike east of Toronto soon as I don't know of any places out my way. I've seen where they hang out in TO spots, so I'll be looking for similar habitat. Namely....fish in 3 to 8 feet of water, structure and baitfish. Keeping that in mind, I'll be investigating things like marinas, shorelines etc.... I have humminbird's castable fish finder that I can use to find depth. Chest waders may just give you the distance from shore needed to hit those kinds of areas.

Again, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me spots....I find it more rewarding to do the legwork and find the fish. Good luck everyone!

CCMT--> How do you find the castable fish finder? I was looking at getting one since it seems useful for shore fishing.

Local marinas river mouths with weeds

hundreds of miles of shoreline

rock/weed breaks

they are out there and they are everywhere!!!

Close enough for you

JUST GET OUT AND FISH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is the motivation that I was looking for!!!!

And, uh, aniceguy...pm me whenever you can :D