Even More Toronto Pike

After all the great Pike action on Saturday I just had to get back out today. I fished the Islands from 2 p.m. - 8. The Pike were very sluggish today. Lots of follows and missed fish. I had more than one Pike follow the bait all the way up to shore then rub their cheek on the side of my bait with their mouth closed and then swim away. I tried to fish the same lure that I caught all my fish on Saturday on and had no luck for over 2 hours. Once I switched up I started to catch fish. I don't know how many times I need to learn the lesson..."What worked yesterday probably wont work today"... but I figured things out and ended up catching 7 Pike and an OOS Largemouth. On average my fish today were bigger than on the opener but I had to work harder for them. Once again no huge fish but a totally awesome day. I caught more fish when it was raining really hard on Saturday than I did today when it was blue bird skies. I never thought I'd say this but I hope it rains soon!

Here's the Pic's...

25 Inch

2-4.jpg

Didn't get a measurement on this guy...A Police boat pulled up and 3 cops got out while I was seeing this fish swim around. The cops asked if I had a fishing liscence..I said "Yes, but can you hold on a second!" I cast past the fish, hooked up and landed the fish with the cops watching me. I asked them to take a picture for me and they said that they were very happy to. Cops spook me and I completely forgot about the OFC sign lol. One of the Cops even said "Make sure to not lift him vertically and to support the tail." WOW was I surprised, I was gunna do that anyway but hey most people wouldn't know that and I didn't expect him to say something like that. I'm not a big fan of cops but these guys were very nice, polite and I'm soooo happy that their taking the initiative and checking liscences... How come I've never seen a CO in the Islands??

yeaye2.jpg

28 Inch

5-4.jpg

30 inch

4-3.jpg

30 Inch

6-1.jpg

32 Inch

Yeaya.jpg

For Team 13!

1-6.jpg

I Gave blood for this fish!

HPIM1118.jpg

-Ben

Edited by Ben_Daniels

Another great report. There seems to be tons of pike at the islands.

They seem to be thriving down there despite the proximity to metropolis and it's people.

Nice report again,

ehg

Thanks guys, it was a great time out there! Gotta love Urban Pike!

ouch!

Looks like another solid outing!

Hows the hand feel?

Im glad to hear they are checking licences finally too!

My hands are really beat up from the past couple days. not too bad but it sucks going to work and juicing fresh lemon, lime, grapefruit and orange juice :whistling: Great times though!

Yea I was really happy that they were checking licences...only problem is he glanced at the front of my outdoors card and saw 08 and didn't even flip it over to look at the 08 fishing tag. I got the outdoors card in 06... I explained to him how the whole tag thing works lol. He said he had already checked 8-9 people and didn't look at the backs of any of the cards...got me thinking, do you think that the cops even have the necessary paperwork to give someone a ticket? Or are they just gonna say go home?

-Ben