It's Black Fly Season !!

They came out heavy today about mid afternoon. Wasn't much fun snorting them..eating them..etc while 35 feet up on a ladder replacing some winter damaged roof to facia flashing! :w00t:

Looks like they may be mean this year. Hope it stays hot/dry a few more days to do them in... but forecast doesn't look like it.

... figure they'll come out in Temagami the Friday of the May 24. They always do.. around noon when they smell fresh meat coming from the South!

Are you talking about the locals or the blackflies?

wayne i was reading that listerine...yup listerine is the best thing to keep black flies and skeeters away...they say use just plain listerine and you will have no black flies or skeeetos...he says he wipes down his boat dash and even in the cottage ...tables and chairs says its the best thing ever just make sure you buy original listerine...im gonna try it this year...they say that other bug spray is so bad for you..that its better to get bit then use it....what do u have to loose

wayne i was reading that listerine...yup listerine is the best thing to keep black flies and skeeters away...they say use just plain listerine and you will have no black flies or skeeetos...he says he wipes down his boat dash and even in the cottage ...tables and chairs says its the best thing ever just make sure you buy original listerine...im gonna try it this year...they say that other bug spray is so bad for you..that its better to get bit then use it....what do u have to loose

A quart of Crown Royal and a big cigar works for me. Just open the bottle of Crown and unwrap the cigar, and like magic, No more bugs.

A quart of Crown Royal and a big cigar works for me. Just open the bottle of Crown and unwrap the cigar, and like magic, No more bugs.

Do you have to tip the bottle once in awhile Dan ? lol

Listerine....may try that. They don't really bother me and usually only last a few days if the weather cooperates. It is funny though.. there will be none for the whole week.. and they appear on the Friday before the May 2-4. Has happened last three years in a row.. and I swear it's the PPark filling up across the channel that they come out for !