What I've Been Up To The Last 3 Months (NF)

The last 3 months have been tough, between my regular job and the home renovations I've been averaging 100 hours a week. Thank goodness it's finally done!

Among other things every single wall and ceiling in the entire house from top to bottom has been painted.

Tired old light coloured hardwood on the entire main floor has been sanded and refinished in a dark cherrywood stain with a high gloss finish.

We had a few windows that needed replacing including the front bay window. Now every window has been updated.

Front entrance door was replaced.

Back deck overhang has been reshingled.

Shed has been rebuilt.

Kitchen and main floor bathroom has been gutted and renovated.

Brand new bathroom installed in the basement starting from the bare studs.

Extensive cleanup, landscaping and planting outside.

Every single light fixture and window covering in the house has been replaced.

Brand new electrical box in basement.

The list goes on!

These pic's aren't the greatest...but they'll give you the idea :) .

h284427_4.jpg

h284427_6.jpg

h284427_2.jpg

P4290030.jpg

h284427_7.jpg

P4290017.jpg

P5050001.jpg

h284427_9.jpg

P4290049.jpg

P4290048.jpg

P4290043.jpg

I actually worked on the basement bathroom right up 'till 1:30pm yesterday then my agent showed up for our open house at 2, literally right 'till the last minute.

I'm telling you they could have made a reality show out of our lives the last 3 months :D .

What's made things extra stressfull is the fact that we bought a house firm in Grimsby last month. Bit of a precarious situation.

On top of that Joanne has been worried that all the money we've sunk into the house the last 3 months wouldn't be recouped. Constantly asking "are you sure that's necessary?, stop spending money!" LOL!

Well tonight (Wed. May 7th) exactly 6 days since it hit MLS, 3 days since our open house (which we held with no advertising), we accepted a VERY good offer for the house .

Baby I AM VINDICATED! :thumbsup_anim:

My broker is on his way up to my office right now to get the papers signed on my end.

Champagne WILL be opened upon arrival at the homestead tonight! :D

Edited by solopaddler

Wow....you've been busy! Looks great and I'm sure your hard work will be well worth it.

So...now that all the home reno is done, are you looking forward to extensive cottage reno too?? LOL.

Hope you get some fishing time in there bud!

Good job Mike, now its time to fish. Any plans to make it up walleye fishing?

Thanks Jay. It's hard to say whether I'll make it up your way or not, with moving into the new house and all.

You never know though, if I can swing I will. Personally I'd love to sneak into that lake east of White River we talked about last fall.

Could be a last minute thing...

Cheers

Just like all those shows on Homo Garden!!

Congratulations Mike, you did the right thing and a fabulous job, now you can focus on moving to the fabulous Town of Grimsby!!

Welcome Neighbour.

Thank you sir! And thanks to everyone else as well!