HELP! Fishing saturday - Long Point vs. Dunnville

Hey all!

My old man is coming down from Sudbury for the weekend and we've been looking forward to sharing some water together for nearly a year! The plans were to chase perch and pike in Long Point Bay, but I was told when you get a stronger east wind that the bay can get rough. So I'm wondering two things...

1 - would fishing in Dunnville for channel cats be a viable alternative to get away from the wind?

and

2 - would 2 rookies who've never been to Dunnville be able to find their way into some fish? and be safe about it?

The boat is a 16' starcraft side consol with 40hp pushing it.

Lastly - we have NO IDEA what is involved in channel catfishing so would we need to buy any specific gear? Would Fishmaster have it at his shop (and where is it?)

Thanks for you patients and I appreciate any input at all!

Cheers! - and good luck this coming weekend!

Fishmasters is at 776 main st east in dunville,,,,i have also heard that there are getting alot of perch off point abino,,,would go there instead of long point,,,all dedends on the weather,,the river is always good for a back-up if ya can't get out on the lake!

fishmaster can set ya up with whatever ya need,,,he did for me this weekend,,,,got myself a shimano cardiff and mh quantum rod for walleye trolling,,,sweet set-up... can't wait to use it!!

Yup i would be giving LPB a miss this weekend. Was soppost to be out this morning on LPB but weather not good :wallbash: and some nasty winds for the weekend.

Goin to try for early AM Tuesday. :Gonefishing:

What ever you decide to do have fun with the ole man.

I may get out and try for some big cats this weekend here in dover. :

man i've fished the bay my entire life.....don't let the winds scare you off....with a little chop the fishing can be unreal out there...

nautifish....do you go as amolicious on channel 6-8?

Edited by chickenhawk

That would be me Chicken,

fish the bay alot and thats why i don't go out there with my 14ft tinny with the winds it can get prettyy nasty and damn quick too as you know. :rolleyes: .

Heading out tuesday morning on a buddys boat his is alot bigger than mine. :thumbsup_anim:

The trouble with the inner bay is that when it gets choppy, you can touch the sand between the swells. The upside is; if you have a problem, you can get out and walk.

UB, was considering LPB or Dunnville myself this weekend. I'm probably going to pass on both but given the forecast I'd opt for Dunnville if you really have to get out.

Go get that big cat for the team so I don't have to!

-Brian