Broken wrist opener

silvio

It's been a while since I meet bbnotty. We meet a few years ago out on the river and got talking he introduced me to this board and told me to look him up. I did that and joined the board and found him on here. We started talking about getting out together one day but that never happened till This year during the salmon run we headed out together for the first time since we meet 2 years before on the river. I must say bbnotty is by far an outstanding guy. I love to fish but don’t get out much as my dad runs a business and is working constantly when I meet bbnotty he came to get me from my house and brought me out took on the role almost like a father. He offered to take me again bottom line he came almost every weekend since that day during the salmon run this year and brought me fishing. Never once asked for money never once complained to me. Over time he has become a best friend. Friday night I got on my dirt bike and decided to go off a jump I feel and broke my wrist Saturday I went to the hospital and got a temporary cast. Sunday we were supposed to get out but it was in the air now I called bbnotty and told him what happened and that i could still go but I would need help retying and such he said that was fine. Next morning he comes and gets me we drive to the river and I realized really how nice this man is he gave me his waders as mine were to tight for my beat up body. He rigged my rod for me and all. Spot one sucked so we went to spot two late in the morning when we got there we see a ton of guys all fish were in the tail out and we found a spot in the head i slowly made my way down and got to the tail out. I caught one missed one (we could have caught 20 each if we didn’t leave because I wanted to) and bbnotty lost 2. I have to stop typing my wrist is killing just wanted to thank bbnotty for everything he did for me this one is dedicated to you buddy thank you. As you can see I took off my cast and threw on a few wraps. Took out the background as there maybe someone who doesn’t want to be seen plus almost all fish went onto a string really sad.

opener1.jpg

Edited by silvio

Great write-up

Anytime you can get out is great...I know the feeling. A nice fish there.

You do realize that for the next while, you'll be the source of all jokes relating to your man-to-hand relationship if you know what I mean... :whistling:

Great write up Silvio....sorry to hear about your wrist and uplifted to hear how bbnotty has mentored you in this great sport!

You've always been a level headed member here....thanks for writing this up....even though you were in great pain!!

Great write-up

Anytime you can get out is great...I know the feeling. A nice fish there.

You do realize that for the next while, you'll be the source of all jokes relating to your man-to-hand relationship if you know what I mean... :whistling:

Lol thanks man yea I know :wallbash: it was the first thing my buddy said to me when i told him what went wrong not even if i was ok. lol it's ok it's always good to laugh.

Great write up Silvio....sorry to hear about your wrist and uplifted to hear how bbnotty has mentored you in this great sport!

You've always been a level headed member here....thanks for writing this up....even though you were in great pain!!

Thank you this year sucked for me 1 fish but the pain was to much just had to leave. Next year I drive and will take bbnotty out and we will have a great day i can feel it. Might be able to put a few more on the bank if all goes well if not fall steelhead will come fast.

Hey Silvio, hope the wrist gets better soon. No thank you is needed, and you are always welcome to share a drift with me anytime. But if you ever fall off a dirtbike again just before a planned trip.............. lol . we have to get your dad to come out again, maybe a bass outing. oh and it was great to meet your whole family, very nice.

Berge

Hey Silvio, hope the wrist gets better soon. No thank you is needed, and you are always welcome to share a drift with me anytime. But if you ever fall off a dirtbike again just before a planned trip.............. lol . we have to get your dad to come out again, maybe a bass outing. oh and it was great to meet your whole family, very nice.

Berge

Thanks next year I wont make this mistake because a 1 fish opener is sad. Well my pride is that I didn’t give up the good old float reel and 1 broken wrist steel is better then 20 steel on a normal wrist. There always next year to get the numbers but now I have a story to tell. Next year bud I will make up for the lack of fish this year mark my words lol. And yes we will get out for bass and pike. And maybe some browns???

That's a great story. Meeting people while fishing and then becoming friends says a lot about our sport.

On the flip-side, isn't this a little bit anal?

opener1.jpg

Come on man, seriously. There are fish in every trib in Ontario right now. Is that really necessary?

Anyway, I hope your wrist heals up soon enough to hit up some bows while they're still in the rivers. Props to bbnotty. You are a fine human being.

I know how you feel fishing with a busted wrist... mine required extensive surgery including bone grafts to back together... it still causes me pain if I over do it..

Take it easy and allow yourself plenty of time to heal... you'll be thankful you did in the following years.

G

Edited by Gerritt

That's a great story. Meeting people while fishing and then becoming friends says a lot about our sport.

On the flip-side, isn't this a little bit anal?

opener1.jpg

Come on man, seriously. There are fish in every trib in Ontario right now. Is that really necessary?

Anyway, I hope your wrist heals up soon enough to hit up some bows while they're still in the rivers. Props to bbnotty. You are a fine human being.

Nice report and LOVE the pic. Nice work!

great report!

years ago i had 2 trips planned back to back... our annual Rice Lake trip for 4 days, then Florida a week after. so what did i do? i broke my arm 2 weeks before the Rice trip. i ended up catching a few 4Lb smallies and a bunch of smaller ones at rice then hooking a big redfish and a bunch of smaller stuff down at Daytona. it is definitely tough controlling those big fish with a cast on!

by the way... how's that cast smelling right now? a little fishy? i ended up getting saltwater on mine... that was really funky!

I was expecting that post to get all broke back before it was over... hahaha....

Seriously though, good job and good on bbnotty. I like the pic - I get all my rainbow at that spot too!

Jonnybass, you've been complaining like an 80yr old with a fist sized gall stone lately - drink some whisky or something... geesh...

I was expecting that post to get all broke back before it was over... hahaha....

Seriously though, good job and good on bbnotty. I like the pic - I get all my rainbow at that spot too!

Jonnybass, you've been complaining like an 80yr old with a fist sized gall stone lately - drink some whisky or something... geesh...

OK, here we go. I actually didn't respond to the thread to "complain". I apologize if that's the way it came across!

I was actually touched by the story and was amazed that a complete stranger would be so kind! The story was bringing a tear to my eye, but then I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that pic! LOL

Sorry, but I just found it way too funny!

OK, here we go. I actually didn't respond to the thread to "complain". I apologize if that's the way it came across!

I was actually touched by the story and was amazed that a complete stranger would be so kind! The story was bringing a tear to my eye, but then I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that pic! LOL

Sorry, but I just found it way too funny!

the reason i took out the back round is because these are wild fish that i see take a beating by people. if these were stocked i would leave the back round. i was not offend because i to love back round but this is for the sake of the wild fish.

the reason i took out the back round is because these are wild fish that i see take a beating by people. if these were stocked i would leave the back round. i was not offend because i to love back round but this is for the sake of the wild fish.

No problem, Nice report.

I guess if you're going to alter the background, might as well make it funny!