just looking for a little help

muttfish

I've asked for some advice on another forum, viewed 150 times and not one post, don't know what gives, I'm camping this june at restoule ppk, esker lakes ppk and samuel de champlain ppk, I would appreciate anything that would point me in the right direction in catching something from onshore. thanx in advance

Sorry man...I've never fished any of those, but I'm pretty sure that Esker Lakes has quite a reputation for good fishing. Hopefully there are some more knowledgeable people on here who can share their experience

Rent a boat and I can help you with Restoule but shore fishing?? Also Esker lakes has Aurora Trout after the 1st of August but again from shore I dont know? Im not a shore fisherman so I dont really know how to help. Im sure at the town docks at Restoule you should be able to catch something lots of perch in the lake.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Restoule- fishing in the park without a boat is tough. You can try the dog beach dock(pike,bass). If you walk to the point on Stormy past the outdoor center there are a few spots to fish from shore.(pike,bass) and along the river between stormy and restoule.

Just outside of the village is Barton Lake right along the road. You can shore fish here for bass and pike. Best bet would be to rent a boat from Martins Camp and talk to Bing(owner). He knows the area like nobody else and will set you in the right spot. Shore fishing in the park is very limited due to the very shallow shoreline but you can catch bass from the shore and the docks.

Good luck

Rent a boat and I can help you with Restoule but shore fishing?? Also Esker lakes has Aurora Trout after the 1st of August but again from shore I dont know? Im not a shore fisherman so I dont really know how to help. Im sure at the town docks at Restoule you should be able to catch something lots of perch in the lake.

just a quick note aurora trout is closed all year in 2008 and 2009(wynn lake zone 8) just before you get into esker provincial park

your better off to rent a canoe if you want to get into some good fish there

(esker park)

but there are plenty of small lakes surrounding the outskirts of the park that have good shore fishing

for most species

just a quick note aurora trout is closed all year in 2008 and 2009(wynn lake zone 8) just before you get into esker provincial park

your better off to rent a canoe if you want to get into some good fish there

(esker park)

but there are plenty of small lakes surrounding the outskirts of the park that have good shore fishing

for most species

Thanks for that tip so Wynn was open last fall then correct, on the three year cycle.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Lots of good fishing to be had in Mattawa River while at Champlain PP. Been several years since been there now, but its a nice quiet park with good hiking trails as well as the fishing. Renting a canoe would sure be helpful tho.

May also want to try Chant Plein Lake...some awesome pike action in there as well as bass. Sister rented a cottage there one time and we used to visit and fish that lake quite a bit.

Edited by Black Blade

Restoule:

fishing from the dock is OK...I had some great luck with pike there.....with a small boat there is a whole reeded shoreline and drop-off that can be had.

There is also a public boat dock I did OK with, I can't remember which one but it is on the way in.

My time there was short, but it is certain that there were many more spots from shore to be found.

forrest