Fishing Spots for this Sunday PART 2

bajangal

Thanks for the great suggestions of where to go and fish. I thought of going to Port Hope to do some shore fishing. My times are a bit limited on Sunday and I have heard fish don't bite in the afternoon time. Is this indeed the case? Don't laugh if its a dumb question :wallbash: I am thinking about going around 1pm.

Thanks

Many people think the fish are not biting at certin times but its how you are fishing. They will bite all day just got to know the techniques during the times of day.

When is cooler slow down, warmer speed up, when there is a chop on the water go for baits that make a lot of flash and attraction because visibility is decreased. When it's calm go for a settle bait with maybe a rattle to make that fish home in on the bait. There is never a time of day when a fish "wont bite", you just need to be skilled at what you are doing and you will be fine. Just like tournament anglers they dont get to pick the conditions and alot of the time they pull through.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

If your going to port hope, you may as well go north another 20 mins to Bewdley and fish crappies from shore. You'd have better odds at catching something.......

EDIT: Just read your part 1.......there are fish in rice lake. This was part of our catch from last year on opening day.

P4180014.jpg

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

Any thoughts on Cooks Bay? I think I want to find a location closer to Toronto since I am limited with time and will only be out for about 2hrs or so.

I obviously was doing something wrong on Rice Lake..... <_< <_< the life of a newbie.

Gal, you won't get any sympathy from this camp if you don't catch fish, happens to many very often. Just go and try, feel the sun and listen to the birds, and then start to think about where the fish might be, and what they are eating. Give then something that looks like that with a hook in it, and Boy Howdy!

That's all there is too it, it's really very simple. The successful folks just try and try all the time, and learn while they do it. No quick tips, secret lures or spots, just experience and intuition.

Pick a species, figger out where they are, and what's on the menu, and go get em. The instructions are simple, but actually doing it is where the fun is. I would read the board, looking for things like Orillia perch. How about Barrie Marina?

l

I hope I catch a lake trout next weekend, but I might not.

Edited by douG

That's all there is too it, it's really very simple. The successful folks just try and try all the time, and learn while they do it. No quick tips, secret lures or spots, just experience and intuition.

... and a lot of "leg work" too!!!

douG is right because he remembers what I told him! Start out with an easy species, Bluegills or Perch and then work your way up the ladder.