The Origional Fishing Snake

MCTFisher9120

There was a video posted of a bait looking like a snake not while ago.

IT looked great for musky and bigger critters lol.

Not sure if that was the original snake bait.

People on a promotional video were catching big bass.

I bought these over the winter. I can't wait to try them got there is the site below and watch the videos. I beleive in this bait. I will have results this upcoming season. Or i hope so.

http://www.bassprofessor.com/elite/originalfishingsnake.php

I tried the smaller package, but it takes a while(1 month) to get to Oshawa as it is in the US.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

yet another great marketing campaign that has "caught" the average fisherman... there was the flying lure, the banjo minnow, now this ridiculous snake!

sorry boys, but they caught you!

here's an article you should read before making any other purchases on infomercials.

http://fishing.about.com/od/fishingtermina...a/aa070204a.htm

did you read the article? I'm basically agreeing with it, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.

and i quote "Any kind of lure will catch fish under some conditions. A Banjo (Minnow) Lure will work but so would a banjo pick on a hook, under the right conditions."

i'm just throwing this out there, but how many fish in Ontario waters do you think eat snakes? I've seen some water snakes cruising around the surface of lakes, but have yet to see a fish hit one... not saying it hasn't happened, but i'm saying it's unlikely... i think a surface frog would be a much better option than a snake, at least in Ontario anyway.

I'm not a pessimist... I'm a realist!

if any of you guys do catch something with it, i'd love to hear about it...

Thats the thing he does not know they wont work. He was convinced by a article.

not exactly... i just found that article today... i said i agree with it... i wanted to find something to back up my statements. i'm sure i could find a half dozen more articles of the same topic.

i've used the flying lure and used the banjo minnow, both with minimal success. this is just another hyped up "super lure" like what was mentioned by Burning Babies (awesome name by the way).

i hope you guys do catch some fish with this bait... but i'm not buying into it, because i know the results of previous "super lures" from TV.

yet another great marketing campaign that has "caught" the average fisherman... there was the flying lure, the banjo minnow, now this ridiculous snake!

sorry boys, but they caught you!

here's an article you should read before making any other purchases on infomercials.

http://fishing.about.com/od/fishingtermina...a/aa070204a.htm

I remember now... the song is VEGEMATIC by Steve Goodman, basically sums it all up...

Edited by Bill Parker

• 2 months later...

I am going to be using these baits this opening saturday for some bass. So i will have some results for some of you "non believers" and some reasons for the people who want to try this bait. Best of luck to those fishing opening day.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Guest Johnny Bass

Any wiggly piece of plastic will catch fish. I bet reeling in a 8 inch plastic worm would be just as affective(and cheaper).

Guest gbfisher

As kids we had Snake Baits as one of our best producing lures for Bass. As we got older the snake baits hit the bottom of the tackle box as we no longer fished for the Green Carp. :D

Snake baits are a killer lure on certain lakes and at different times of the season. ;)

Good luck.