What To Bye HELP

MCTFisher9120

Im not looking for a costly rod. I don't have a baitcaster yet. I have a 6'6medium spinning and a 7' medium heavy spinning. Both have spinning reels. I want one baitcast combo. For the rod i want its between a 6'6 medium action or a 6'6medium heavy action. I cant choose. HELP!!!

it really depends on what you'll be fishing for, and even the size of lures you are using. for a baitcasting combo i would go with a 6'6"-7' medium heavy. that way you'll have a heavy enough rod for just about anything and not too heavy that you wont feel the fish on the other end. a medium heavy will be enough to pull a big bass out of thick weeds, and it will be heavy enough to throw big bucktail spinners for muskie.

I'm actually looking for the same thing, 7' medium heavy... not too expensive... just picked up an Abu Garcia C3 6500 baitcaster and looking for a suitable rod now... can't wait for muskie season!

Depends on what you fish for. I fish for bass, walleye, muskie and pike mostly, in the Kawarthas. If that's what you do, go for 6'6" MH. I find that the rods I used the most would be 6'6" M spinning and 6'6" MH casting. I'd recommend the Shimano Crucial, if you want to pay for around $150. If that is too much, or you don't like 1-piece, get the Compre. Both Crucial and Compre have crankbait versions, so if you use a lot of crankbaits, definitely get one of those. I have a Compre MH 6'6" crankbait rod and just love its feel. I use it with a Cardiff. This year I got myself a Crucial 7' M dropshot casting with a Curado. Haven't tried it yet. Will do in less than 3 weeks.

Quantum Tour edition rod. lots of lengths and actions. u can get obe for about 70 bucks. or look on ebay, u can get one for 40 bucks, i own 3 of them, great rods. theres are not the PT rods, but they are still very good rods

Are you looking for a rod or a combo? If you already have a reel, take it with you and see how it feels on a variety of rods. Run the line through the guides and get a feel for how much backbone and speed you like. I find 6'6" MH baitcasters are the most versatile for my style of fishing.

If you are looking for something cheap that will introduce you into baitcasting there is a Pflueger Endeavor Combo or a Daiwa D-Cast Combo at LeBarons for 50 bucks. These are by no means top of the line but they will give you a hang of casting with a baitcaster. But the best thing to do is to go to a tackle store, bass pro's or lebaron's, and try out the rods and reels in your price range. Good luck!