Y A R D S A L E !

brickNblock

Could it posibly be true?

Just got back from town to get a 'timmies' and passed 2 monumental sized placard signs advertising for a yard sale this morning.

Underneath YardSale it read...'Fishing Tackle/Equipment'

Thats all it said besides the address and date time.

Its straight down Hwy33 to the underpass and then a left at....NOPE..Cant let ya know, sorry.

Going to get some brekky in me after a shower and then off to then ATM a be first in line...

I hope!

I'll let ya's know what it was all about later.

I know what ya mean bud.

Had the wife with me yesterday at B-Pro picking up new rods holders...one of those foils to bring you to plain smoother...(so it states) and a few other items...going to be hard to justify today.

J/K..shes as excited as me about getting underway for the new season....maybe more.

Had a yard sale here about four years ago and I had a lot of old fishing tackle (some still in the original packages) that I knew I wasn't going to be using any more so I decided to sell it too. A lot of it was duplicates that I had bought (I always buy 2 of anything new to try) and for one reason or another didn't use it any more, some was part of a lot of stuff I'd purchased when a tackle shop was closing.

I sold a few items but toward the end of the day this young boy came by and I could see he was quite interested in it. He spent about 20 minutes looking at things and asking "how much?" but hadn't bought anything. I had been a little busy with some other people that had stopped by but when they left I got a chance to talk with him, seems he only had $2.35 and was trying to decide where he could best spend his money. Well it was his lucky day, since it was the end of the day and this stuff hadn't sold I decided to put a LOT price on all the fishing tackle and it just happened to be $2.00 (couldn't take his last $0.35). You should have seen his face LOL. $2.00 for everything (fishing tackle) well the kid went home with a fairly good size box filled with stuff and a smile on his face you couldn't have beaten off with a brick.

I saw him fishing several times that summer at the local marina but they moved away that fall; I often wonder if my junk got a kid into fishing, I'd like to think so!

Just got back!.... :thumbsup_anim:

Did a lil' haggling.....ya gotta.

Spent $240.........Two Hundred and Fourty Dollars.

I Cannon Electric Downrigger..(Approx 40")...maybe 5yrs old.

1 Cannon Manual Downrigger..(Approx 36")...maybe 5yrs old

2 Trolling Rods Both 8'-6" ..(Used 1season)

2 Okuma Convector LC Reels (used 1season)

1 UNIDEN VHF Radio W/8'Whip (maybe 10yrs old)

Probably 20 handtied bucktail Jigs...never used.

Black, Orange, Yellow, White, and Skunk

in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 oz weights...and a few 1/8oz in multi colour.

This was from an older couple who just decided their fishing days were over..

They also had two Bowriders for sale and a couple of 18/20hp motors...theyve stilll near 50 rod/reel combo's left but all in spincasting selling for 2-5$ each...everything looks newish.

There wasnt much of any other larger items left I might have picked up for some folk here...everything was selling fast.

Start of a great day I'd say.! :Gonefishing:

Edited by brickNblock