Question: Which non-braided line has the LEAST line twist for centerpin reel?

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Hi guys,

I am looking for non-braided lined with the LEAST line tiwst after putting on the centerpin reel.

Lets just stay with 10-lb test

and the line was spooled properly from the filler

(I am using Halo P-line 10-lb ... twist like hell)

I've been using Raven and Maxima for years and never had a problem with line twist. Are you side casting or pull/wallis casting? You'll get a lot of line twist if you side cast. Swivels should help alleviate twist to some degree.

P-Line Halo is a fluorocarbon and fluorocarbons generally are more prone to kinking and twisting when the weather is colder out. Fluorocarbons also sink much faster than mono on the drifts...I don't use them for my mainlines.

The line itself doesn't cause twist, the reel and they way you spool it on causes most of your twist and the rest comes from how you fish.

Anytime you spool line onto a SPINNING reel you should either walk it all back off or run it behind the boat before using it. Of course make sure there is NOTHING tied on the end while doing this.

Bob

The line itself doesn't cause twist, the reel and they way you spool it on causes most of your twist and the rest comes from how you fish.

Bob

....Exactly, if you're having issues with twist the problem lies with you not the line. If you're side casting don't! Learn to pull/wallis cast as MJL has suggested.

I use yozuri hybrid 6lb as my main on my pin. Never had any problems. I spool it with about 300 yards, then if it starts to twist, pull off about 20 yards, retie, and your good to go. Just remember to take the garbage line with you when you leave.

Edited by steelhedrmatt

Guest Fishing For Life

I usually do pull/wallis cast if enough room for errors

but 70% of the time I do side cast to prevent losing my float ..

my post is to ask which line is more resistant to line twist introduced by casting methods ..

Thanks