Need a new fishing partner ...After today!

With the stellar day I had to head out for some more steel!!! Tribs are still on the high side and cold from the melt.

Slow start in the morning but it soon picked up in the afternoon, caught good numbers but have to retrain my partner in the finer points of landing fish and not breaking lines with paws, grabbing at floats , chasing floats, eating roe, stepping on rods and at the very least not trying to help others land their fish. :D LOL...

But its always a blast for him when he gets out (thank god I did not bring the Cane Corso also)

RF

I hear ya on the fishing partner........

mines 160lb cane corso mastiff that chases my cast everytime............. and wont stay in the boat!!!!!

cant fish anywhere near him or he's swimming after your lure........... also runs the shore line to follow ya in the boat :(

Oh the cage lasted for one time for him..............tore it apart and escaped :(

gus.jpg

Edited by MoriaRiverMan

I got the same problem with my two little helpers in the boat. When we get one on ... everyone is hanging over the side of the boat to see what it is. Once in a while my last Airdale got a little carried away and we not only had to get the fish out of the water, we also had to fish the dog out of the water. They're great companions and good to see you taking yours out as well.

I hear ya on the fishing partner........

mines 160lb cane corso mastiff that chases my cast everytime............. and wont stay in the boat!!!!!

cant fish anywhere near him or he's swimming after your lure........... also runs the shore line to follow ya in the boat :(

Oh the cage lasted for one time for him..............tore it apart and escaped :(

Yep tough to keep them locked up,

160 lb OMG, my Corso's only about 125lb.

He is getting older now so when fishing he just enjoys sitting and watching everything, a welcome change from the Boxers antics.

RF :thumbsup_anim:

Dogs as fishing partners rule! Spend days fishing with you, don't complain either! I've got my moms little Dachshunds ( weiner dogs ) on top of that they're mini's too! The male rocks to go fishing with, the female sun bathes most of the time. Cane Corso's rule!

But the way, nice fish and Boxer :)