Dirty Fish Pics...

Doesn’t it make you wish you stayed in Costa Rica….they are much more civilized there

I think Steve should start posting Musky reports!... the difference being grow men are attacking you... not hormonal teens...

G

I promise no vertical holds on my Crappies, and if there's any mud around I'll lick it off the Crappie before I post pics.

Dirty, but the fish gets clean. Standing ovation for the on-topic double header, and a good laugh!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Does it hurt the fish? I'm not sure, but I don't think it really helps them either.

I've also noticed that most of the people that do the whizzing, rarely if ever have posted a report... and to you I say "Shut the Hell up!!!

:o I think that I may be one of those although I don't whiz...I just reply on a lot of posts. I enjoy it. I don't get out to fish near as much as I would like. I am new at it. I have posted my fishing highlights in the past but they were removed at my request. I guess I will just remain the occassional lurker and when I actually do have a fishing report then I will post it....or maybe not. I envy all of you who can get out and enjoy the fishing. Some of us are not so fortunate, but we like to feel that telling someone that we enjoyed their report would be contributing to this community. I guess I was wrong. But you know what...I was never made to feel that I shouldn't be here until now.

Ya...I guess I too am sensitive...and I see where insults can be thrown every which way.

Anyway...it's phucking snowing here. I hope to have a post in the next few months. Cheers

Also...I will come back one more time to send someone a PM that a promised...I hope that's okay.

Edited by twilight

:o I think that I may be one of those although I don't whiz...I just reply on a lot of posts. I enjoy it. I don't get out to fish near as much as I would like. I am new at it. I have posted my fishing highlights in the past but they were removed at my request. I guess I will just remain the occassional lurker and when I actually do have a fishing report then I will post it....or maybe not. I envy all of you who can get out and enjoy the fishing. Some of us are not so fortunate, but we like to feel that telling someone that we enjoyed their report would be contributing to this community. I guess I was wrong. But you know what...I was never made to feel that I shouldn't be here until now.

Ya...I guess I too am sensitive...and I see where insults can be thrown every which way.

Anyway...it's phucking snowing here. I hope to have a post in the next few months. Cheers

Also...I will come back one more time to send someone a PM that a promised...I hope that's okay.

All nice replies are appreciated!... and the idea of bringing the towel along to lay the fish on was a good one. If you're not whizzin' on folks reports, I wasn't talking about you.

It's the PEANUT GALLERY that never has anything nice to say and is aways critical that I was talkin' about.

Jeez, here I am thinking I was going to post pics from all of my trips this summer, now I am thinking better of it. Especially the Musky ones.

Hmmmm, on second thought, nah, I am still going to post (if i catch anything). Now if I can dig up my Musky Photos, the ones where Gaffs were used in the gills, on the bottom of the boat with my foot on the fish with my hands in the air proclaiming I am the worlds best Musky fisherman, Vertical Holds, OOS fish...damn, where are these pics.

:angel:

it must be springtime and cabin fever is at an altime high.

Silt off a bank can lead to gill rot, infection on and on holding it by the gills can cause infection or worse a broken back, a fish left out of the water for extended time can do harm too. I think we can offer a lot of other reasons why mis handelling a fish is not a great thing.......... what the heck maybe we dont fish anymore, for fear of a P3TA groupie jumping from the bush.

If the aim of the fish on the bank or in the boat is a picture and releasing the fish is the end result the least anyone can do is pay a bit of respect to the fish and compose a picture that shows off the fish, saved a memory of the day and in the end did the least amount of harm to the fish over all..

The internet is a great resource to learn how to compose a terrific picture and its always nicer to see an interestingly composed shot then one that leads to controversy and beyond.

a pic from a while back from a high silt environment, a bit of time to land the fish and a few seconds more to think about the composite shot...

IMG_1810_edited-1-1.jpg

If my hands get covered in mud and leaves, sticking them underwater and moving them gently gets it off. I don't see much difference between that motion and fish swimming. Could someone please explain to me how gently moving a fish through water to knock the salad off is different than what'll happen when it swims away? I'm confused.

Please bear in mind that TYPING ALL IN CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS. If you actually intended the post as a hostile screaming diatribe, no problem. If it's normal conversation, caps should be reserved for special emphasis, or differentiation. It's a lot easier to be sympathetic to someone who isn't shouting at you.

I could really use a hands-up, submissive-or-at-least-non-threatening smiley right about now.

You made me laugh so hard,... it induced a coughing fit, futher aggravating my pneumonia! :lol:

I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS CONSIDERED RUDE AND IGNORANT AND NOT ALLOWED FOR THOSE REASONS, MY BAD!

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM!

You guys are killing me here, OOPS , I MEANT YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME HERE!!

GEEZ, ITS KINDA NEAT! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PUNCTUATION SO MUCH.

THANKS CC, FOR SHOWING ME A NEW WAY TO EXPRESS MYSELF!!

WHEEEE, WHEEE, WHEEEE... :w00t:

Tiller? beer? wings? Dang? Common carp?....you forgot Mod Q.

We have the best fishing discussion board in North America right now. We are a community of folks from all walks of life with a common bond called fishing. A few people have been a little less than civil in the last while and for that reason, most of them now have the read only privilege. A lot of people put a lot of time and effort into making this community what it is today. I don't think that any of those people would like to see our community become what some of the other fishing boards have become.

So, to you detractors who still have posting privileges I say, keep'em coming, I have loads of time and am used to dealing with children.

Have a great evening everyone.