Dirty Fish Pics...

Does it hurt the fish? I'm not sure, but I don't think it really helps them either.

To be honest, a clean fish is much more photogenic than a dirty one. How much trouble is it to give the fish a couple swishes in the water to clean it off just before a pic? Or maybe just hold the fish out at arms length to take the pic so it doesn't have to flop around in the mud or grass?

Bleeding fish can be cleaned up too, or maybe just not post that fish. Human blood on a fish however is most desireable, it shows the fish got a good lick in during the fight and landing process!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not condeming anybody for taking or posting these pics, I'm sure they have the fishes best interest at heart and just want to take a quick pic and get the fish back in the water as soon as possible.

Instead of whizzing and moaning about something like this in a persons report, I don't reply at all. Remember! It takes time and effort to post a report and the people that take that time should be commended not whizzed on!!! :angry: I've also noticed that most of the people that do the whizzing, rarely if ever have posted a report... and to you I say "Shut the Hell up!!!

It also upsets me when someone posts fishing pictures that all look identical :)

Have you ever considered taking a knee for some of the photos. At least your shore fishing photos had some variety.

Just joking bud, I'm going through withdrawal as well.

I'LL TOUCH SOME BASE ON THIS ONE SINCE IM THE ONE TAKIN THE HEAT LATELY.

DIRT WILL HURT A FISH IF IT GETS IN ITS GILLS. SO WILL FINGERS BUT WE NEVER HEAR COMMENTS ON THAT.

HANDLING THE FISH YES WILL REMOVE SOME OF THE SLIME. WASH THE DIRT OFF YA WASH THE SLIME OFF.

THE PIC WITH THE BLOOD I WAS JUST SHOWING YES SOMETIMES FISH HAVE TO BE TAKEN . YA CANT HELP WHERE THE HOOK GOES SOMETIMES.I COULD OF RELEASED THAT FISH BUT IT WOULD OF JUST DIED SO WHY WASTE IT. IM NO STEELHEAD GOD AND NEVER THOUGHT I WAS. I HUMAN JUST LIKE THE REST AND SURE I MAKE MISTAKES TOO. MY RELEASES ARE DO VERY FAST!!! CAMERA IS ALWAYS READY AND DONT WASTE TIME TRYIN TO GET THE PERFECT POSE AND ANGLE.

EAST SHORELINES ARE ALL MUD AND IT IS HARD TO DEAL WITH AT TIMES!!! I DIDNT HAVE MY WADERS ON SO I COULDNT WALK INTO THE WATER LIKE I NORMALLY DO!!!

ITS FUNNY HOW STEELHEAD GUYS GET THE WORST ON THIS TOPIC!!!

IVE SEEN SO MANY PICS ON HERE OF FISH BEING HANDLED IN A POOR MANNER BUT THEY NEVER GET COMMENTS!!! FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS.

ALL SAID AND DONE WE ALL TRY TO DO ARE BEST AT TIMES.

I just don't think it's fair for somebody's Report thread to be locked because of snide/rude comments born out of petty jealousy :angry:from the "PEANUT GALLERY!!! A Bull thread no problem, but somebody worked hard on that report and they deserve all of the positive comments.

The percentage of members that actually do post reports on this board is pretty low in comparison to the overall membership... and afterall, isn't that what we're mainly here for? The "fishing Related" stuff?

Maybe instead of turning a nice report thread into a whizzing contest by posting a counterstrike, hit the REPORT button on the offending replies and ask for them to be removed.

Edited by Greencoachdog

ITS FUNNY HOW STEELHEAD GUYS GET THE WORST ON THIS TOPIC!!!

IVE SEEN SO MANY PICS ON HERE OF FISH BEING HANDLED IN A POOR MANNER BUT THEY NEVER GET COMMENTS!!! FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS.

No, gotta disagree, Musky guys get it way worse.

WASH THE DIRT OFF YA WASH THE SLIME OFF.

If my hands get covered in mud and leaves, sticking them underwater and moving them gently gets it off. I don't see much difference between that motion and fish swimming. Could someone please explain to me how gently moving a fish through water to knock the salad off is different than what'll happen when it swims away? I'm confused.

Please bear in mind that TYPING ALL IN CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS. If you actually intended the post as a hostile screaming diatribe, no problem. If it's normal conversation, caps should be reserved for special emphasis, or differentiation. It's a lot easier to be sympathetic to someone who isn't shouting at you.

I could really use a hands-up, submissive-or-at-least-non-threatening smiley right about now.

If my hands get covered in mud and leaves, sticking them underwater and moving them gently gets it off. I don't see much difference between that motion and fish swimming. Could someone please explain to me how gently moving a fish through water to knock the salad off is different than what'll happen when it swims away? I'm confused.

Please bear in mind that TYPING ALL IN CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS. If you actually intended the post as a hostile screaming diatribe, no problem. If it's normal conversation, caps should be reserved for special emphasis, or differentiation. It's a lot easier to be sympathetic to someone who isn't shouting at you.

I could really use a hands-up, submissive-or-at-least-non-threatening smiley right about now.

Afternoon Ad.....The all caps is sort of CC's trademark, get to know him and you will know that he is not "yelling", I have actually found him to be quite soft spoken in person.

Edited by bly

Tangled:

CC is not shouting at anyone, typing in CAPS is his thing, his trademark sort of. It's not a worry. To be honest typing in caps makes life a lot easier than constantly hitting the shift key for some, me included but I have adapted.

Sorry Bly, guess we were both responding at the same time :angel:

Edited by pikehunter

FUNNY HOW IN 20YRS PLUS OF STEELHEADING NO ONE HAS SAID A WORD TO MY FACE.

EVERYONES SAFE AND SOUND BEHIND THERE LITTLE KEYBOARDS LOL

do you go around yelling to everyone in real life or just from behind your keyboard? In my opinion your confusing your internet ingnorance and rudeness for real life toughness and strength.

great job and pics CC,

haters are the few of this board and no matter what u post someone won't like, and some will tell you and call you names, it's a shame really

keep fishing and taking pics please, i know myself and many others on this board really enjoy ur posts, even if i've never river fished

Great going CC, love the reports.

GCD ~

Instead of whizzing and moaning about something like this in a persons report, I don't reply at all. Remember! It takes time and effort to post a report and the people that take that time should be commended not whizzed on!!! I've also noticed that most of the people that do the whizzing, rarely if ever have posted a report... and to you I say "Shut the Hell up!!!

I say to you thats the best advice to people who find it easy to grab a soap box and shout about what not too do,, try posting a bit and let others pic appart your post.