Cayo Coco or Varadero?? (NF)

TJQ

Well we had our heart set on a resort in Varedaro, but as always websites lie.. (except mine of course.. lol) and the flights in and out are at terrible times loosing two full days at the beginning and end of each trip, making the resort not reall worth the money.

We are thinking of Cayo Coco, and I know alot of users have been there... anyone have any suggestions?? were rewdy to book in the next day or two...

i liked cayo coco a lot. Its a lot quieter than varadero. NOt as much to do, as its isolated on its own little island. Just resorts and sand. Nothing local. Nice though, especially if you like snorkeling.

Also some solid fishing from shore -- bring your rod. Or take out one of the sail boats out just off your resort, drop some shrimp (get them from the resort kitchen) and hold on. One of the guys from our resort caught a BIG snapper.....only landed its head though. A shark bit off the rest (not kidding)

Also funny -- at our resort (and i'm sure others) there were wild bulls walking around at night.

Personally, I prefer to visit places that have a "British" influence in the past. No more "banana republics" for this guy. I find that the British influence has raised the bar on that society and creates a far more enjoyable atmosphere for my vacation dollars.

Also, you tend to get better food and drink and you won't have to learn a new language, unless of course you decide you want to go to Jammin Man!

Can't reccommend Barbado's enough!

HH

cayo coco melia guleimaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

rent a vehicle of some kind lots of secluded beaches nearby

the bridge near resort awesome fishing

little lobster shack near bridge cheap and ice cold beer

everyone is friendly if you want to know of a place to fish with a guide pm me ill send details

enjoy

Edited by BITEME

Went to Cayo Coco for my honeymoon a few years ago. Very nice and quiet. The resort we stayed at offered deep sea fishing, never did get a chance to do it as i was kinda busy! :rolleyes:

If you want more of a party scene got to Veradero, but if you want to relax and enjoy each other's compnay Cayo Coco is the plac.

TJ,

If you want to go to Cuba, take a look at this place. Spent a week in February and thoroughly enjoyed it.

http://www.royalhideawayensenachos.com

Older crowd, almost to quiet. :sleeping_02:

AC

we fished the surf at that resort this past dec.. some goofball paraglider almost took my head off with his kite thingy.. litterally missed me by a 1/2 foot..

if you're planning on doing any fishing talk to crazyhook.. he knows the good spots.. i've got a 'secret' spot in veradero as well..

Ive flown outta Toronto plenty, and if I can skip that airport, the hotels and the parking nightmares.. Ottawa should do me just fine... Although to Torontonians, it is the center of the earth, there are other places to fly out of... lol...

cayo coco melia guleimaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

everyone is friendly if you want to know of a place to fish with a guide pm me ill send details

enjoy

Ya man ! The Melia in cayo guillermo...an island a few minutes away from cayo coco , was there 3 years ago: service , food , beach... Top notch ! If you go there , take the jungle speedboat trip , they take you to a lagoon and you swim with thousands of fish...

enjoy

Ya man ! The Melia in cayo guillermo...an island a few minutes away from cayo coco , was there 3 years ago: service , food , beach... Top notch ! If you go there , take the jungle speedboat trip , they take you to a lagoon and you swim with thousands of fish...

TJ,

If you want to go to Cuba, take a look at this place. Spent a week in February and thoroughly enjoyed it.

http://www.royalhideawayensenachos.com

Older crowd, almost to quiet. :sleeping_02:

AC

If you go to Cayo coco...you only have a about a 10-15 minutes drive....if you go to Royal Hideaway in Santa Clara it is almost a 2 hour drive to the hotel. I have been to both....the beaches are awsome....but if you go near Club Tryp in Cayo coco...there are some small coral reefs right off the beach...pretty good for snorkeling and taking under water pics.

Well we had our heart set on a resort in Varedaro, but as always websites lie.. (except mine of course.. lol) and the flights in and out are at terrible times loosing two full days at the beginning and end of each trip, making the resort not reall worth the money.

We are thinking of Cayo Coco, and I know alot of users have been there... anyone have any suggestions?? were rewdy to book in the next day or two...

The only reason I would go to Varedaro is the proximity to Havana. You could drive there easily so several day trips are really doable. The main reason I would go to Havana is the the culture/ history...but in a nutshell the music. Cuban's really love there music.

Cayo Coco offers fishing and both you and your wife like to fish. Search this message board for more info on fishing. http://www.cubamania.com/cuba/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Varedaro would be basically fished out because locals fish to get more protein. Sure you can catch some fish there but the quality would be far more limited, and far fewer Cubans fish Cayo Coco.

Edited by scuro