Funny Way to Catch a Bass

Ben_Daniels

What's he trying to be .. the next Bill Dance

Right on the $$ with that reference, irish!

I am genuinely impressed though -- catching the broken line AND keeping his one hand on the boat. He's definitely got skills! :worthy:

I was trolling for walleye on Chesley lake many years ago when my buddies line broke after a hit. We backed up the canoe until we found his line floating on the surface. He grabbed the line and hand landed a nice 16"er. It wasn't worth $100,000 but it sure tasted good.

GREAT video.

i had 41"er escape the cradle after i had the hook out my 1st year guiding...i leaned as far as i could and managed to grab the northern by the base of the tail...my guests grabbed me by the belt and we got the fish back in the net....only 40+ inch fish of their trip.....i earned my keep that day!

:Gonefishing: Neat show .Had a brother in law do it many years ago .The pole slipped out of his hand with a fish on and he jumped in after it an managed to catch it before it was gone . He crawled back into the boat landed the walleye and tormented us with it's size and promptly let it go.He only fishes but doesn't eat them.

Well folks I wasn't in any tournament when I was fishing Semiwhite Lake up by Elliot Lake but I was out on a warm July morning at first light and the water was piss-warm. I reeled-in after working the edge of a drop-off and then paddled my canoe over to work another spot.

I had my Shimano Aero 1000 / Lightning Rod combo laying lengthwise in the canoe with the soft-body jig dangling over the edge and skimming the water. All of a sudden my rod bent and began to leave the canoe. Miraculously the canoe didn't flip but I did take on some water as well as a good soaking when I threw the paddle and lunged to salvage a rod and reel that I couldn't afford to replace "just like that".

As I tussled the fish I caught the first glimpse and thought it was a small pike. Think again! When I netted it, it turned out to be a 2 lb laker that had charged up from the deep to smash my jig. I came back soaked to the bones with the rod and reel, the canoe, and the paddle (which I had to propel the canoe by hand to recover), but that fish sure made a delicious shore breakfast.

I am pleased to announce that my above-mentioned fishing rig continued its service life as the luckiest -and deadliest weapon in my fishing arsenal. I do regret to inform you that there was nobody there with a video camera to capture that bit of drama or I'd be sharing it with you.

Cheers!