Silver Lake - Maberly - Ice Report

irishfield

Just a good thing I wasn't knocked out cold... would have been a long afternoon in a T shirt lying on that patch of ice beside the truck.

To be exact... Silver Lake is about 30KM West of Perth ! :)

I agree...it was a darn good thing that you were not knocked out cold...and because you were not is mainly the reason I find humour in it...I bet you are still tender...hopefully not black and blue. 30KM west of Perth...got it. thanks :)

Nice report and pics, Wayne... :thumbsup_anim:

Living in Ottawa and doing a lot of travelling, I pass by Silver quite a bit. You lucked out in having the parking area plowed - it often isn't during the winter. I still have yet to give the laker's a shot during the cold months - have trolled for them in the spring, though...

Silver is a beauty of a lake, both in scenery and fish. Some big smallies and largies swim it's depths....

Here's a shot from this past summer of a decent Silver Lake smallmouth - and not far from that magical island.

A fish missed my Spook shortly after this one was caught, which would easily of doubled this girls size. (If only the hooks met their mark each and every time... :wallbash: ) I'll be back to get her...

OFN05.jpg

Good Fishing,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman

I'd never seen the lot plowed either Justin.. just a fluke I guess. I've been going by there since I was 9 months old... about 20+ times a year in my first 16 or so years and probably 10 a year right now... just never stopped to fish it. I know when I was about 8 or so I was sent, with my sister, to the United Church camp on the lake to give me mother a break.. lol

Wayne - I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a fisherman or skidoo'er plowed that area with their own truck....makes sense if they've got one.

Looking forward to exploring that body of water more this spring and summer...some jumbo perch and 'gills are also present as a tasty alternative to the bigger boys...

Good Fishing,

Justin

• 5 years later...

thanks for sharing that Wayne ... sorry about the old noggin, i know it doesnt take much wind to shut those doors

nevermind ... LOL i just saw the date it was posted ... thats an old one

Yeah, he's had that head replaced several times since then. :)