How to choose polarized glasses?

sneak_e_pete

I'm currently looking for my first high quality polarized as well, I've narrowed it down on ebay. You can find many for under $100, under $50 depending how high you want, that are worth 2 or three times that retail. Lot's in Canada as well not just US on there to save the hassle of shipping through customs..

Bolle

Serengeti

Oakley

Smith

Spy

Arnette

Maui-Jim

Ray-Ban

Coasta Del Mar

Any of these brands have many options in Polarized, I'm personally going with a Photochromic Polarized lense in bronze, brown or grey. All of those brands above are high quality and usually half price more or less on ebay.

Edited by GbayGiant

I was down in Florida a couple of weeks back and shopped a bit. Prices in Canada are now just as good as down there.

I bought a set of Maui-Jims at Costco last year for my wife as a B-Day present. About $140 I think - thats a bargain for M-J's. A couple of weeks later she got them and she LOVES them. They are polarized amber lenses. Only problem is that Costco sold out and did not get any back so I wasn't able to get a pair for my self. If they ever come back at that price I will snap them up for sure.

If they ever break, M-J replaces them for $50 or so (according to web site legend and the folks at sunglasses hut in Orlando that tried to sell me the same glasses my wife has for US$249.00.

http://www.bluewateroptics.com/

BLUEWATER OPTICS

R.R. # 1

Jerseyville, Ontario, Canada,

L0R 1R0

Phone: 905-648-2588

Fax: 905-648-9007

Email: [email protected]

I have gone through alot of glasses and alot of money to find the perfect optics these are hands down the best I have ever found

I have the Indy version with the fire lenses about 140.00 get a tether

Just my 2 cents