DOUBLE DIGIT SATURDAY STEEEEEL !!!!

jdmls

Didn't make the mistake I made yesterday, and slept in till about 9 . Got to the trib for about 10 and it was still bitter cold, but better than yesterday. Water had cleaned a up a bit more overnight to make for about 15" visability...As I put my neoprenes on , a couple guys came up from the river to the parking lot to pack up both saying the same thing :

"How'd you do ? "

" Ah way to much slush ....to cold....can't even fish. Its not even worth the walk"

" Oh, ok thanks"......As I smiled and chuckled under my breath

Walked down to the hole I left off at yesterday and ahhhh not a sole in sight

first 5 DRIFTS = 5 FISH !!!!! couldn't beleive it...

left that hole after about 8 fish as my azz was freezing having to fish in the shade.....Others around did ok but like CC says, FRESH ROE is everything !!!

Went 11 for 13 from 10:00AM -2:00pm.....One of my best pre season day's in a long time !!!

march22nd08-2.jpg

march22nd08-1.jpg

march22nd08-3.jpg

march22nd08-4.jpg

march22nd08-5.jpg

march22nd08-7.jpg

march22nd08-8.jpg

march22nd08-9.jpg

march22nd08-10.jpg

march22nd08-11.jpg

march22nd08-12.jpg

nice work on the double dig's,..nice to see you got into some good action with notta crowds... the last one you were holding looks pretty decent compared to the others...were you using chartruese roe bags? reason i ask is that im tying up for monday, water should be nearly back to normal by then,...how was the fight on? any jumpers?

nice work on the double dig's,..nice to see you got into some good action with notta crowds... the last one you were holding looks pretty decent compared to the others...were you using chartruese roe bags? reason i ask is that im tying up for monday, water should be nearly back to normal by then,...how was the fight on? any jumpers?

Pictures don't do justice, my friend...majority of the fish were pushing 6-7 pounds with a couple over 10...I hooked one that fought for a solid 10 mins and I still couldn't even get its head up....Those females get heavy this time of year when their stuffed full of eggs.

Jumping...more like just a lot of rolling and bulldoging...rainbows rarely jump in March -10 degree weather.....bag color didn't make a difference. White , chartruese, yellow, pink they all hooked fish... like I said "FRESH ROE IS THE KEY"

a couple guys came up from the river to the parking lot to pack up both saying the same thing :

"How'd you do ? "

" Ah way to much slush ....to cold....can't even fish. Its not even worth the walk"

" Oh, ok thanks"......As I smiled and chuckled under my breath

lol...sneaky...mind you I have thought about doing the same thing....but I am just too darn honest...but I'm learning, I'm learning. :)

Great post, thanks for sharing.

lol...sneaky...mind you I have thought about doing the same thing....but I am just too darn honest...but I'm learning, I'm learning. :)

Great post, thanks for sharing.

naw i think those guys were telling the truth about their day...The slush was bad but its all about fighting the elements...and working with the conditions