Fishing products in general

kickingfrog

BERKLEY GULP its true it does outfish live bait most of the time from my experience

I agree, I am not big on plastic, but I have had great success with them.

What makes the fish hold on? Is it some kind of jaw specific neuro-toxin?

forrest

Edited by forrest

I think there is a new Pocket Fisherman. I saw a commercial for some telescoping pen and reel. I laughed so hard, the infomercial showed them catchin 5lb+ on this thing. it was so amusing. If i am ever in the states and see one I will pick it up and see who wants it on here hahaah

The fact that you can still buy a Rapala minnow, or a red and white Jitterbug is proof that the fishing industry isn’t as bad off as some (as far as gimmicks go).

Think about golf for instance that reinvents itself every year, or how if you find a razor blade you like you had better buy a hundred of them as they won’t be available in a year.

I think what keeps marketing from completely taking over fishing is the fact that you could still catch a fish with a line and a worm. Like Lundguy’s boat post earlier, boats from all ranges of the size, shape, and cost spectrum, with one thing in common; they get you out on the water to fish.

You gotta love that.

HAHAHA, my grandfather had a Pocket Fisherman, if I can find that old junk some time this year I'll use it! Then I'll toss it in the trash after 2 tries like I wanted to do about 20 years ago...

Guest lundboy
THE ONE & ONLY...POCKET FISHERMAN !!!!!! i seen one for sale on e-bay a few months ago,never opened,brand new still in the box,and had a k-mart price tag still on it for $10.00 !!!!! the seller said it was his grandpas,and was bought for his retirement in 1975 or so......the bidding was at $50.00 bucks,i never did see what it finally went for,i think it had 3 days left so i bet somebody wanted it for his collection,behind his bar or something.LOL..LOL.. man the things they have come out with to catch fishermen !!!! man they did a good job didnt they :blink::worthy::dunno:

Your guys that still want one... here it is it's still available and in production brand new:

http://www.popeilfamilystore.com/ppf.html

Don't forget about this one!

01010901150201040420080316653d8ca904728c6e02002c1e.jpg

FHR

I remember those well I took my youngest brother out fishing one time and he pulled that thing out put on a red and white and about 3 casts later he was into a 45" Musky after about 20 seconds all he had left was the handle it was a price less moment to see the look on his face.