Where to buy roe?

tibbs

i'm pretty sure BPS has roe . don't know which direction you're heading ,, might be out of your way.

sorry , that's a negative on the fresh roe . i thought they had some in the big cooler at the front of the store but that's not the case .

Edited by waterwolf

In Toronto area

-Angling Specialties

-Lucky fish & Tackle

-FishOnlineCanada

If you're heading east, stop in at Tightlines in Pickering. The stuff they sell either tied up in bags or loose is dynamite. I've Been purchasing my roe from there for the better part of a decade - I choose not to harvest fish unless I plan to eat them... I don't eat steelhead. The eggs tie up well, fish well and are still fishable if you leave them in a wading jacket pocket for a week unrefrigerated :whistling:

In the old days we used to use yarn until we were lucky enough to catch a female. My, have times changed.

I would go with Dan on this one especially this time of year .

Steelhead will take fly presentations readily wether it be yarnies, wigglers or a number of other patterns......Catch a couple of hens, throw them in the smoker(first remove roe :)) and you should have enough roe for the next couple of seasons.