Eastern Report: Mar 12

Simcoe_Jon

Hit two tribs out east. First one had fish the day before, but they must have blown through, so I moved to trib #2 (my fav). I found that the lower end was frozen over, so I spent an hour stomping around, breaking and pushing the ice downstream. At that time my hands and forearms were red and numb, I'm thinking "this will be worth it..... This will be worth it....) Well it was. In four hours, Fisherguy and myself landed close to 20 steelhead, some fresh and some bruisers, 10 - 13 lbs. Roe bags in white and "damn ugly flies" were the presentations of choice. Around 3:30, the water stained right up from run-off and most of the fish blew up into protected stretches fo the river. All fish were released and a couple smiled for photo op's.

Take it ease

Jon Schwiebert

.... Fisherguy with a beauty

IMG_0091.JPG

At that time my hands and forearms were red and numb, I'm thinking "this will be worth it..... This will be worth it....) Well it was. In four hours, Fisherguy and myself landed close to 20 steelhead, some fresh and some bruisers, 10 - 13 lbs.

Yup, you could definetely say it was worth it, 20 nice fish in 4 hours is very impressive in any mans book.....great stuff !!