Spring is near, the birds know!

OhioFisherman

I agree Paul. I live in Hamilton and had my first bbq of the year yesterday. I was in the backyard and it did indeed sound like a bird sancuary. They're all out there calling and trying to make a 'love connection' I suppose. The cardinals you could here above all the others. Just a great time of year!

LOL Phil, Hinkley isn`t far from me, the buzzards keep an eye on me. They circle around here all the time. Had a Buzzard or hawk carrying something land on the grade at the back of the property earlier in the week with a couple of his friends trying to grab the meal.

Hey ohiofisherman,just wondering do you guys have any robins in your yards yet ???? as last year it was march 5th,when here in durham region i had robins in the yard,but this year as of right now,i still have 3ft of snow,and grass is nowhere to be seen...so i think its real close,as i hear they will fly right to the snow-lineand follow it north as the snow melts & retreats and i am not that much farther north than you guys,maybe a few hundred miles,as im on the north shore of lake ontario !! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hey ohiofisherman,just wondering do you guys have any robins in your yards yet ???? as last year it was march 5th,when here in durham region i had robins in the yard,but this year as of right now,i still have 3ft of snow,and grass is nowhere to be seen...so i think its real close,as i hear they will fly right to the snow-lineand follow it north as the snow melts & retreats and i am not that much farther north than you guys,maybe a few hundred miles,as im on the north shore of lake ontario !! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I'm about 150 miles south of OhioFisherman and we have robins here all winter long, right now some of them are looking fat. I'm sure Paul has a few around. Right now the Cardinals are paring off

fishindevil, ya Robins here for about 2 weeks now, sort of odd seeing the wander in the spots in the yard that didn`t have snow. Most of the yard is open now and I have heard Cardinals. I don`t think the Canada geese ever leave here.

Dead coons and skunks on the roads already, daughters boyfriend saw a possum at work about a mile away. No ground hogs yet, they hang at the back of my property.