Jerkbait Rod Reccomendations

mattyk

Howdy Yall

I was thinking of picking up a new musky rod this year for throwing some heavy jerkbaits like 10" weighted suicks, mantas and hellhounds. I currently have a 7'6 XH Shimano Compre but its too big. What do you guys like for throwing the jerkbaits? I will be probably be using it with a ABU C3 6500, but im not sure. I want to keep it under $200 if possible for the rod. Thanks for the help!

I like a shorter rod too Matt and use a 6' 6" Premier.

Some guys like to go with a longer rod for jerkbaits though, all depends how you like to work your baits...out to the side or straight down in front.

Guess I'm cheap AND outdated. But I think the Jerkbait rod is the one that is most likely to be abused and sensitivity along with fine tuned actions, at least to me, haven't been key issues. So I like to keep them kind of "inexpensive".

I use an old Fenwick GLC Triggerstick: 5'9" 1 -3 oz

and an even older Daiwa Algonquin 6'6" 1-6 oz.

Two fine pool sticks that have never failed me. I leave the bigger $ for crank and buctail rods. JMO

You will be really happy if you go with the Premier. They are great rods and have been revamped 4 times since the intro to the Musky Series. They are not nearly as heavy and a lot more sensitive. They are not the broom sticks (which are still great) that they used to be.

I cant wait to get my hands on a rod tomorrow at the show. I think I have convinced myself to pick up 2 more and a Tokota as well.

There goes my money hahaha