NF - That's it!!! I've had enough, I'm sick and tired.....

ccmtcanada

....of this snow and winter. Before I got the new car, I had to put the old one in the garage in the winter because it wouldn't start in very cold weather. Now that I have a new one that starts, I decided to take the boat off the driveway and put it in the garage!!! After taking the tarp off, I pushed her inside.

boatgarage1.jpg

I figure it was time for it to thaw out. The garage is insulated, so it will be above freezing all the time. I put her back up on axle stands. I was finally able to fix a problem that I noticed while it was up on the driveway. At low speeds, I noticed the trailer moving back and forth quite a bit and couldn't figure out why. When I put her away for the winter, I spun the tires and noticed that they were not centered on the hub correctly. We then figured out that they put the tapered lug nuts on the wrong way. :wallbash:

Good thing I only towed the boat 2 times...and only 20 minutes away from home. Anyhow, once in the garage, I fixed that and they now spin centered on the hub. Now that it's uncovered and warm inside, I can begin to fix it up in preparation for the spring. I'm going to install the salty rod holders that I bought at BPS over Christmas, replace a burned out bulb, put in a 4 rod holder rack for when we are motoring from spot to spot. I also am thinking of a small casting deck on the front of the boat as well.

Anyhow, I figure that if I angle the boat in the motor will go under the shelf located at the back of the garage (you can see what I mean in the pic)...will be great not to have to worry about the gear in there after a fishing trip and just leave it all inside, recharge the batter without taking it out of the boat etc....

Well, as you can see, I cant wait for spring...bly came out to take this pic as I daydreamed....

boatgarage2.jpg

Perhaps you could, uh.....

Clean the garage!???

Grant...the garage IS clean...LOL. You shoud have seen it before my 2 trips to the local waste disposal site.

Oh yeah...if you want to fish from that boat this spring, you should be nicer to me....LOL.

Grant...the garage IS clean...LOL. You shoud have seen it before my 2 trips to the local waste disposal site.

Oh yeah...if you want to fish from that boat this spring, you should be nicer to me....LOL.

Your immaculate garage is as radiant as the living goddess " Bly".

Your fishing prowess is underscored by your superior rod handling.

:worthy: at your feet master

:worthy: begging forgiveness

:worthy: honouring your divinity

S.

Hi guy. Great pictures. But now you have me trying to figure out what mound of snow is hiding my old tinny.Havent seen her since Christmas . The poor old thing is getting retired this year as she is old to collect her pension.Going to a new home though to my buds grand kids to bang around Lake eugina. Have a new Lund comeing from port coborne sometime next month.Hoping to find a few old guys like myself to go fishing. Good post Lots of luck.

Hi guy. Great pictures. But now you have me trying to figure out what mound of snow is hiding my old tinny.Havent seen her since Christmas . The poor old thing is getting retired this year as she is old to collect her pension.Going to a new home though to my buds grand kids to bang around Lake eugina. Have a new Lund comeing from port coborne sometime next month.Hoping to find a few old guys like myself to go fishing. Good post Lots of luck.

LOL...welcome to the board! I had to dig out my boat from the driveway before I could move it inside as well...not a fun chore, but it's all good now. Congrats on the new Lund! Maybe I'll get a nice boat like that in oh....10 years or so....in the meantime, this one will have to do. We just bought it used last fall...only had it out two times. Looking forward to working on it and getting a full year of fishing in!