Catching Bait - Two Days Before Christmas

camillj

So .. I am out on the front lawn having a midnight smoke last night ... less than 48 hours before christmas ... and dont I see three monster dew worms out there munchin on the (newly sprouted) lawn .... gotta tell ya ... I really had to control myself - I just wanted to get the headlamp on and start picking .... and then run down to my local trib :)

I cannot honestly say I have EVER seen this in Toronto ... this was not a case of them being flooded out of their homes ... they were out there happy as can be under the Christmas lights !

:santa:

Edited by camillj

yep I'm still collecting them while I go fishing. On so many occasions the past few days when I head out I see worms and pick them along the way while I head to the local fishing holes. Can't ask for anything better than that. :D

dsn

Well I just came in from the worm hunt +6 degrees here in Montreal. I managed too scoop up 8 juicy crawlers in about 25 minutes.Its alot harder to spot them when the front lawn is mostly brown.2 teenagers walked by my front lawn as I was picking up the crawlers .Boy did they ever think I had some lose screws 'I could here them laughing at me all the way down the street.

Some one pinch me or slap me.December 23rd and I just gathered some worms.Going for some trout in the morning.Yes there is something wrong with me I have fishing disease.

I will let you all know how the fishin goes.Mike :dunno::blink::Gonefishing::Gonefishing::lol:

....I remember some 20 plus years back on a warm rainy New Years eve (Burlington) out harvesting a huge number of big fat dewies with a couple of my fishing buddies. We had also stepped out for a smoke and saw plenty of the slimy critters in the garden under the Christmas lights. Well since we were heading out for some early morning steelie fishing (without sleep....lol) it seemed wise to harvest plenty of them. I honestly can't remember how the fishing was though? :blush:

Nothing wrong with reaping the benefits of mother nature's warm spell.

Pick away.

Worms will last a very long time in your fridge.

They do need the proper bedding and probably some worm food.

I had a dozen in a styrofoam container for months. Never did feed them 'cause

I had every intention of using them. Checked on them once in a while, then left them

for months. Last time I checked, there was nothing left. Guess they all dried up.

The bedding was there, but no worms. :dunno:

Nothing wrong with reaping the benefits of mother nature's warm spell.

Pick away.

Worms will last a very long time in your fridge.

They do need the proper bedding and probably some worm food.

I had a dozen in a styrofoam container for months. Never did feed them 'cause

I had every intention of using them. Checked on them once in a while, then left them

for months. Last time I checked, there was nothing left. Guess they all dried up.

The bedding was there, but no worms. :dunno:

You sure they didn't crawl out of the container and found a new home somewhere in the fridge? Take it from someone who knows. :lol: It wasn't pleasant thats for sure. ;)

dsn

You sure they didn't crawl out of the container and found a new home somewhere in the fridge? Take it from someone who knows. :lol: It wasn't pleasant thats for sure. ;)

dsn

Thats wh yya need to keep them in the crisper this way they can only get so far I was lucky last summer I had a big box of them open in the fridge and the wife was not happy but they were all contained and still jucy

Thats wh yya need to keep them in the crisper this way they can only get so far I was lucky last summer I had a big box of them open in the fridge and the wife was not happy but they were all contained and still jucy

This happened when they were still selling the worms in a card board container. Before the styrofoam. ( From Pollacks Sporting Goods) It was a round container. Even when they switched to those plastic lids with the styro foam conatiners the lids where cheesey too they didn't stay on tight enough. But now with the entire styro foam box they never can get out of that. But I put an elastic band on it just n case now.

:D

thats amazing,gotta love global warming,lol...lol :lol::thumbsup_anim: hey now you got some to take ice-fishin with you ,its a well known secret,if that makes sense,ived used them for years and they work just as good in the winter as they do any other time of year.....go get em.... :thumbsup_anim::santa:

yeah fishindevil. most folks use minnows which is more exspensive :D